New Exhaust Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just want to second the recommendation for the half ATF/half Acetone penetrating fluid. It really works, and it's easy to mix a batch when you need it.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Jegs Deep Tone on my 350tbi.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stock manifolds, y-pipe, cat delete to 3" straight pipe. Jegs Deep Tone offset/offset to a 45*degree dump in front of the axle. A little drone, nothing terrible though. Lots of attitude.

Last edited:

Daniel9597

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have another question, albeit a dumb one. I am noticing a small exhaust leak around the flange between the y-pipe and the manifolds. I put the new spring bolts in the way a friend of mine said he did, with the little triangle first, the spring second, then the bolt last. I told him it looked weird, but he told me it was right. I just wanted to know if he IS right or if it goes spring, triangle, then bolt. If it's right, then I am open to suggestions about what the leak is considering all new hardware is put on.

accelrgreat

Reaction score
dual 3" is overkill. why buy new manifolds, when you can get some shorty or midlength headers for the same money?

a single 3" will make more usable power on your setup. if you stay with duals, use an h-pipe instead of an x. they are better for low end torque and make the exhaust sound deeper and less sport car'ish.

I've had several single exhaust set-ups that sound good. I like the light weight concept too plus I'm not looking for hp (or at least not dedicated to it now). Had no idea x vs h pipe though. Good to know.