new engine....carbed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i found a guy who can build me an 350 for around 1600 bucks without intake...thats hydralic roller cam equivalent to the vortec durtion, higher grade heads rebuild everything else. now its just for the intake i'm not sure what i should run i'm looking at the edelbrock performer intake with 600cfm carb. also what other mods would i have to make with electonic fuel pump, 4l60e tranny ect.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i have done this "swap" currentley running a Holley 670CFM anf the Holly TPS kit to run the 4L60E

Here is my How-To, I am one of the first people ive ever run across to use the STOCK TBI PCM to control the 4L60E while using a carb.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?1362-How-To-Ditch-EFI-and-keep-TBI-PCM-for-4L60E-Control.

i would STRONGLY recommend going Holley 670CFM Street Avenger, I LOVE mine, Plus Holley is the ONLY company making a bolt on TPS kit that works flawlessly on a carb, fits perfect and you can KEEP the choke!

Are these Vortec or TBI Heads? Dont even bother with a Performer, its no better then stock, i would go Performer RPM with a 1" open spacer or RPM Air-Gap with no spacer.

Reason for spacer (Make sure its a open design, not 4-hole)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ART4SBmdg

Last edited:

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'm not sure how exactly hes gonna do it but i know hes would throw completely different heads on it if i were to run a carb. i don't exactly remember what exact heads or the cc or anything of that manner.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i'm not sure how exactly hes gonna do it but i know hes would throw completely different heads on it if i were to run a carb. i don't exactly remember what exact heads or the cc or anything of that manner.

get yourself Vortec heads, only thing worth while.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think thats what he might have said...but don't qoute me on that. but what did u have to do to get the tranny to shift correctly?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
click the link i posted above, basically i left the following sensors plugged in.

-Coolant Temp
-Vehicle Speed Sensor (On the tranny)
-Throttle Position Sensor (Mounted to side of the carb, Holley makes a nice kit to use on their carbs for $150)

and you need to get an RPM signal to purple/white wire from the distributor plug, i just hooked it into my HEI's TACH plug.

Fuel system is easy as well. check the link