New C1500 owner from southern Illinois

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supermailman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought my 1990 Chevy 1500 yesterday for $500. Just under 200,000 miles, very little rust (cab corners) 350 with what I assume is the 700r4. It only has first and reverse. It has a previously rebuilt transmission, full of fluid and slightly brown with a hint of burnt goodness. Already adjusted TV cable, removed and checked governor (gear OK, took everything apart and cleaned it out, piston inside seems to be moving properly, no weights missing etc). Came with a folder full of receipts and invoices from previous owner. Front end was recently rebuilt. Lots of misc tune up stuff etc. They also put a custom true dual exhaust on it with loud cherry bomb mufflers (will be replacing those with something a little more mild).

Startup and exhaust:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome ! At that price you should end up with your moneys worth even if you have to do yet another transmission rebuild. Somebody must have zigged when he should have zagged if you are smelling burnt fluid.

Have fun.