Need Wheel Dimension Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minicooperzoom

RCSS' Rule!
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Reid and this is my first post here on the forum. I'm a junior in high school and this is my first truck I have a 1998 K1500 Z71 RCSS. I am looking at getting new wheels and tires for it. It's currently is riding on the stock 265/75R16's. I am looking at getting a set of 285/75R16 BFG All-Terrain K/O 2's. The problem is that I'm looking at a 16x8 inch wheel to fit these tires and I want the tires to sit flush with the wheel wells. But I can't find anything on what backspacing and offset is required to get the stance I'm looking for. Help in figuring out what the proper dimensions for a 16x8 would be greatly appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking ride you got there Reid. I can't answer your backspacing question as I don't have a 4X4 and the tread width is different I believe.

Rtlngr2

Reaction score
I am not sure of back space either. My 97 Suburban is 2wd. I put the 95-96 Impalla SS wheels on mine. 17x8 or 9" wide (sorry don't remember) with 265/70r17 fits flush. I also have a 97 K1500 ecsb Z71 GMC with a factory 05-06 Chevy 5 star wheel with the same 265/70r17 tire. Sits flush.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I had some 2001 Nissan Pathfinder wheels that I ran on my truck for over a year and with 35x12.5's they sat flush with my fender wells. Why not just google 16x8 wheels?

minicooperzoom

RCSS' Rule!
Reaction score
Thank you all for trying to help. I have tried Googling it but have not found anything in regards to how much backspacing and or offset is required. The only one I have found is a '97 Tahoe that had 285/75R16's with 16x8's and 4.5 inches of backspacing and it has the tires sitting flush with the fenders which is what I want.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same setup? I have seen plenty of OBS' with the tires hanging out but I'm not going for that look.

minicooperzoom

RCSS' Rule!
Reaction score
Well I got a set of 285/75R16 BFG All-Terrain K/O2s on a set of American Racing AR172s that are 16x8 with 4.5 inches of backspacing and they fit perfectly. Although they did rub pretty badly on my custom rocksliders. And the best part is my speedometer is only off by 1 mph at 65mph. Thats not bad for going from a 265 to a 285

LMB1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got a set of 285/75R16 BFG All-Terrain K/O2s on a set of American Racing AR172s that are 16x8 with 4.5 inches of backspacing and they fit perfectly. Although they did rub pretty badly on my custom rocksliders. And the best part is my speedometer is only off by 1 mph at 65mph. Thats not bad for going from a 265 to a 285

Do they rub on the truck itself anywhere?

minicooperzoom

RCSS' Rule!
Reaction score
Do they rub on the truck itself anywhere?

So far they have not rubbed with normal driving on the street. I have not had it flexed out enough or off-road yet to know for sure though.

Fedeleon11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running some American classic outlaw in 15x8 with 33" in my k1500 and they get the tire like 1 1/2 inches out the fender, I really like how they look, they don't rub at all ( also I have a custom bumper so that is maybe why they don't rub)

minicooperzoom

RCSS' Rule!
Reaction score
I am running some American classic outlaw in 15x8 with 33" in my k1500 and they get the tire like 1 1/2 inches out the fender, I really like how they look, they don't rub at all ( also I have a custom bumper so that is maybe why they don't rub)

Mine stick out about 1 1/2 inches in the front as well but sit flush in the rear. But that was to be expected with the wider track width in the front. (My bumper is stock aside from a custom dent my right rear tire made when the right rear axle sheared off when I got into an accident) But I haven't had any rubbing issues yet. But I've only been driving around town.

The dent use to be pretty bad:

But I got it pulled out after the truck was put back together: