Need some Muffler idea's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone run a OBS 5.7 stock engine with shorties,1 cat and the 1 in/ 2 out muffler set up w/ duals ?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm somewhat bored with the quiet sound of my truck and I'd like to have a somewhat louder muffler welded in that gives the engine/exhaust that choppy cam sound. I don't want anything mud swamping loud just something that chops nice at stop light or curbside idle.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Does anyone run a OBS 5.7 stock engine with shorties,1 cat and the 1 in/ 2 out muffler set up w/ duals ?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm somewhat bored with the quiet sound of my truck and I'd like to have a somewhat louder muffler welded in that gives the engine/exhaust that choppy cam sound. I don't want anything mud swamping loud just something that chops nice at stop light or curbside idle.

your never gonna get it to have a choppy idle just with a muffler.

my dad used to have shorty's with a aftermarket Y-Pipe and 3" all the way back with SI/SO Flo-Pro, sounded really mean,

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
your never gonna get it to have a choppy idle just with a muffler.

my dad used to have shorty's with a aftermarket Y-Pipe and 3" all the way back with SI/SO Flo-Pro, sounded really mean,

By Flo-Pro do you mean that muffler that is basically a flowmaster 40 without the words "Flowmaster" on it. The one a lot of muffler shops carry, if so, then those are made in the same factory as the flowmasters are, great buy IMO if you are looking for a flowmaster sound for cheaper.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Had a hollowed cat and single in/dual out three chamber flowmaster on my truck. Loud/drone gets old fast G.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I have nothing after the very last o2 sensor, just 2 pipes dumped, no turn downs. I got used to the drone.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
By Flo-Pro do you mean that muffler that is basically a flowmaster 40 without the words "Flowmaster" on it. The one a lot of muffler shops carry, if so, then those are made in the same factory as the flowmasters are, great buy IMO if you are looking for a flowmaster sound for cheaper.

yes sir, im going to be running the same setup.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Spintech Pro Street muffler. Silverado_lover has one and he ****** out spintech every chance he gets but it sounds pretty damn good.
The video information had his exhaust set up. Pretty sure he has shorties.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA3ZnyckoDM&feature=player_embedded#at=24

:lol: i couldn't even tell that truck was running in the beginning

I have Shorty's, Factory y-pipe, No Cats, 2.25" pipe into a Flowmaster 40 and dual 2" outs, with a 287 Cam, Sounds like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC62ekQuvFY&NR=1