NEED HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kodeeblue1

Reaction score
So I recently bought a 94 k2500 6.5TD 5 speed and the dash lights don't work. All the warning lights work like the SES and blinkers and headlight all work but none of the gauges turn on. And when I turn on the headlights the screen for the heater controls shuts off and when I go from high to low beam it flicks for a solid second. Is this a common problem with these things? And what would be a check down list for looking into this? It has a aftermarket stereo in it so there could be all kinds of "custom" wiring going on..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chase your wiring from the headlight switch. Check for loose grounds or burnt wiring. of course it could be dirty connectors at the back of the dash cluster, corroded grounds, or even a bad headlight switch itself. I never ran into that problem with my 90 so I'm not sure but it's a place to start. There is a ground under the drivers knee bolster connecting to the metal support of the dash if I'm not mistaken