Need help with parts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I have a popping sound coming from my front end and I believe that it's time for a make over for her.
I need some help on what parts that are needed to replace the one's on it.
As in:
Ball joints
Cv Axles... Etc
But I'm not to familiar with it just yet so need some help and advice to what to start replacing because everything looks pretty worn down under there right now.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Get all MOOG.

For a complete front end rebuild, you will want:

Lower Ball Joints
Upper Ball Joints
Inner Tie Rod Ends
Outer Tie Rod Ends
Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves
Pitman Arm
Idler Arm
Idler Arm Bracket
Sway Bar End Links
Sway Bar Bushings
Lower Control Arm Bushings
Upper Control Arm Bushings

That being said, you could be hearing a hub assembly or CV axle popping. Another optional part is the centerlink, it may be worn but unlikely unless your inner tie rods are really bad.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Time to get on RockAuto and go to town. There are several threads I've seen giving you lots of good information on how to swap everything out and everything u will need to replace...which is pretty straight forward. I would first find out where the popping is coming from just to make sure u get everything fixed.

And like mentioned above stick with MOOG

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Thanks alot. I just recently began hearing it and I doesn't sound good so I'm trying to locate exactly what's going on

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
A diesel mechanic friend of mine was saying that MOOG parts went downhill the last few years... And the Napa Premium was about the best you could do these days. They are apparently made by Spicer.

I have no real experience with either myself, food for thought.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well it's definetely comin from the passenger side but the only time I hear it is if I hit a downward bump...?

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Check the cv axle boots for rips. I had a popping sound when my passenger cv axle took a poop. Replacing it is simple. Take the wheel off. Inside you will find the large nut that you need to take off. Then, the side of the cv that connects to the differential is just a few more bolts. Take all of them off and you should be able to wiggle it free without having to take anything else off. If the boot looks okay, check the other steering/suspension parts for play. Try turning the tie rods. They will move slightly, but if it turns a lot, then its time for a replacement. Check all of the boots for rips, and if they look soft, throw some grease in them to see if the sound goes away.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
That helps ALOT! Cause my boots are ripped for sure! Thanks man that saves me for a while haha

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Your welcome. Autozone/advance both rent out the large socket you will need for the hub bolt. Other than that and a few other sockets, all you should need is a breaker bar. Good luck. Just an fyi- i replaced my pass. Cv axle within 2 hours in the parking lot of my college dorm. Just food for thought.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2