Need help! On front end overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cody.drury

Reaction score
OK I am ready to redo the front end suspension on my 92 4 x 4 and I'm looking for a good parts list of what all should be replaced I know I've read a few things even out here back when I first thought about doing it But now it is time I can't seem to find any of them any help or links would be greatly appreciated thanks

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Ball joints, wheel bearings, inner and outter tie rods with new adjusting sleves, control arm bushings, idler arm, pitman arm, idler arm support/mount, shocks, pads, rotors, and maybe a gearbox if the steering is still sloppy after all that. Thats a complete front end rebuild in my book. CV shafts and a diff flush would be a good idea while you have it apart also.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just did this on my 98 about a month ago with all acdelco parts for right at $500

Zach Kramer

Reaction score
Moog suspension parts from northern auto parts, are your front wheel bearings loose or noisy if not there's no need to replace them, steering boxes is a likely place for steering slop on these trucks

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do the rag joint, before you do the steering box. a worn rag joints will give a lot of slop in the steering wheel.

dvst8err

Reaction score
I'm currently doing a front end rebuild also, doing the axles and yoke seal while I have the differential out.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good thread- how diff is is to change out things like this ^^ and cv joints and such? Never did this before and I have a 96 2dr 4x4 that I'm making my way forward after body bushings and leaf spring bushings