NEED HELP IDENTIFYING THESE BUSHINGS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need help identifying these bushings. I am replacing as much of the front end components as possible. My truck is a 98 k1500 GMC and I have the front end torn apart while I am painting the frame.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did my A arm bushings and to be honest. That looks a lot like the lower control arm bushing. (Might be the same?)

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on GM's website it shows that bracket as an assembly with the bushings. But I wonder if the front axle carrier bushings are the same? The bushings that go into the actual front diff housing/carrier are part #15962663. I guess you could try and measure them and see if they are the same.

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did my A arm bushings and to be honest. That looks a lot like the lower control arm bushing. (Might be the same?)

Or the upper a-arm bushing? Originally thought maybe a shock bushing but they might be a bit small. Wonder how polyurethane would work there?

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or the upper a-arm bushing? Originally thought maybe a shock bushing but they might be a bit small. Wonder how polyurethane would work there?

Possible but I'm not sure. Like 1999gmc said measure it out. Lower control arms (At least mine) had 2 different sizes I had one that was like half an inch smaller than the other side.

As for polyurethane that's actually what I used when I did all the bushings in my front end. Rides harder but definitely feel more sturdy. Not sure how it would work in that spot. I'd assume it work really well.

meir

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it’s an old thread, but I’m running thru the same problem. I can't even find the part number.
What did you end up doing?
Thanks in advance.
Meir.