Need Cowl Hood Paint ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Sure! I love showing off the 'burb.

You must be registered for see images

Coincidentally when I was digging through my pictures I found one of a Suburban coin bank that I have. Thought it was kind of funny, it's the same two tone as your old truck that you posted the pic of.

The Burb looks awesome! Ever considered black tinted lights? That color combo would look sweet with them.

And now I need to find that bank! It would look right at home with all my NASCAR haulers

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Burb looks awesome! Ever considered black tinted lights? That color combo would look sweet with them.

And now I need to find that bank! It would look right at home with all my NASCAR haulers

Thanks! Not going to lie... I've definitely thought about it! I always end up deciding against it though. Not sure if the looks would be worth the reduction in light output. Coincidentally I actually just ordered a new set of parking lights for it as my Anzos have a crack on one of the corners where the screws go through. While I'm changing them out I'm going to remove the "Stealth" chrome coated bulbs that I have in there and replace them with regular 2357A Sylvanias. The ones I have in there look pretty cool and eliminate the egg yolk look of an amber bulb with a clear lens, but they're just not bright enough for me anymore.

The banks can be found on eBay from time to time. Wish I could find one in my color, but I've yet to see one.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That... Is... Awesome...

I like the red stripes too, gives it a little contrast.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
If you don't mind sharing, what is the brand on that hood? I've been looking at a lot of cowls and they seem too narrow for my taste, that one looks like what I want. Are all tear drop styles wide in the back like that?

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't mind sharing, what is the brand on that hood? I've been looking at a lot of cowls and they seem too narrow for my taste, that one looks like what I want. Are all tear drop styles wide in the back like that?

I got mine off eBay...I think it is a good mark. It is a metal hood...fitment isn't bad (has a couple high and low spots). Not sure if you can get one that is narrower.

Champ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That hood is sweet! I think it'd look good with the scoop painted silver and the rest black. Then you could put the factory style pinstriping around the base and really tie it all together.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds easy enough except for one problem..the factory style pinstripes have been long discontinued. I managed to piecemeal enough for the entire truck original areas. Also, the front fender pinstripes are slightly different from the rest of the ones on the truck....it tapers smaller as you get closer to the headlights.

I don't suppose you can photoshop it?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds easy enough except for one problem..the factory style pinstripes have been long discontinued. I managed to piecemeal enough for the entire truck original areas. Also, the front fender pinstripes are slightly different from the rest of the ones on the truck....it tapers smaller as you get closer to the headlights.

I don't suppose you can photoshop it?

If you go to a good enough body shop, they can replicate the pinstripes. I had it included in my estimate to restore my Suburban to it's showroom glory a while back. Granted that estimate was over $6000, but I've got a lot of dents and rust to deal with. I'd imagine you could get a hood done for something much more reasonable.