NBS Front Brake Swap for OBS Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm, wondering about the swap, or if simply going to a stock hydroboost is better?

Anyone tried both, seperately?
If so, which did you prefer?

And Hell, while we are at it, has anyone tried adding a new hydroboost to their 4x4 NBS brake swap?

There is a hydraboost setup at a Pick n pull I might go grab this coming weekend and I'll find out....
Straight to hydraboost
Then a couple weeks later a 99+ disk swap in the rear
14" front rotors by the end of summer

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have mike's directions with photos. Its only 2 mb but it won't let me post it. If you want an emailed copy just pm me.

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will try and crossreference that number tonight. Thanks!

Im still piecing my chassis together, and knowing that GMT800 Knuckles and brake components are not that hard to find.... kind of a no brainer to add these to the chassis plans now.... having sourced a pair of late 90's HD2500-1 ton forged lower A-arms already, it should make for a fairly nice front suspension and braking upgrade from the laughable original '92 Z71 package.

Al, am I reading this right? You put 2500 LCAs on a 1500 chassis? Were the LCAs for a GMT800 or 400? The reason I'm asking is I've been thinking about using GMT800 K2500 LCAs w/ BJs on a GMT400 K1500/Yukon chassis to facilitate the GMT800 knuckle/brake swap.

Truckee19

Reaction score
i have mike's directions with photos. Its only 2 mb but it won't let me post it. If you want an emailed copy just pm me.

Thanks for the reamer part number and yes some pic of the brake swap would be great. I'm building a track truck/ auto cross k1500 lowering it with ls swapped and 4l80e.

[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. I didnt get a notification... site doesnt send email alerts anymore.

I have not put them on yet, but they are GMT400 K2500/ "Light Duty" K3500 Forged Lower Control Arms w/ press-fit ball joints... 100% interchangeable between GMT400 K-series trucks... beefier and they dont rot or bend like the stamped ones... I posted a thread "Stamped vs Forged" awhile back in the suspension forum.

The GMT800s are different and dont interchange at all, but the knuckles will with the reamer job noted above... which upgrades you to the bigger/better front discs of the GMT800...

Reaction score
Has anyone done this on their 2500 and experienced the ride being a hell of a lot rougher? I did the NBS brakes, spindles and LCAs and now the front suspension is so stiff it sucks to drive. Its not the tbars cause i marked them and put them back where they were, and ive cranked them down and the truck lowered. im wondering if the lower shock bracket location is the culprit.