NBS Bumper on an OBS????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I was going along with the joke side, I want to do either this or a rollpan, and this seems more functional than a rollpan, since its an actual bumper, and done less frequently. Now to find one in nearly new shape with trim and doesn't cost 1/4 the blue book of my fuggin truck...

The Denali clip is something I'd love to do, but I dont ever foresee that happening. I have a problem with sticking to longterm goals, especially when they cost money. I need to do paint bad as well... Decisions suck, and I do not want to drive around a primered or rainbowed truck thats "in progress" it looks tacky... But how are you going to make a daily driver into a showable piece without doing that?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started a thread about this on FSC. I was considering this for my Suburban if I could find a bumper for a decent price, but I got a line on a free OBS bumper, so I'm not going to bother...for now. There is as least one member replying in that thread who has done it, but we can't seem to get any real details or pics of the process out of him.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my god. i think it was posted under one of the roll pan threads on this site if your still looking for that picture!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we are not out of control, we are in control... of... our sexually related thoughts...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys I see no real information in here about the bracketing but I picked up a NBS bumber today for $50! Thought that was a steal considering junk yard bumpers are $250-3

Anyway it's the grey work truck bumper with the black caps. I dropped it off for paint today :D So it's all getting colormatched but when it comes to putting it on I'll have no idea what I'm up against. Is it the stock obs rear brackets that are used for this or do you use the NBS brackets? I was lucky enough the guy still had the brackets attached on this NBS bumper....Anyway just looking for any info, no **** jokez lol

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
No one on here has done it yet that I'm aware of, to find out what will be needed to be done I would take off both sets of brackets, put the bumper on jack stands at the correct height and see which bracket set will need less modification or if the two could be welded together for the correct alignment. Your our guinea pig :crazy: