Nasty Grind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 silverado 1500 4x4 RCSB drive train is stock with some minor mods in sig, but ever since ive had it when i go from 4L to N to 2H it makes a nasty grind sometimes does it when i put it into 4L from 2H. Any ideas on why it does this an is it common? Im a engine an trans person i know nothing about transfer cases except how to replace them. thanks in advance.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i kinda have to force it in 2H as it grinds, it started happening right after i got it, an so did the big clank that happens when i take off from a red light or from a dead stop seems to be toward the rear but not a u join an rear end checked out ok. So its no big deal?

bai78

Surviving...
Reaction score
I had clank & figured it was the front drive shaft, as this is common. When things were checked it out, the ujoints were bad. After replacing those parts, no more clank.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill check the front then too, it sounded like the rear but could be the front i guess. The grind is nasty, ill be out mudding in it tomorrow so i will pay attention to it more to get more exact info.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you putting it in neutral when shifting from 4L to N and back to 2hi?