narrowed rear frame w/ 2 link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody ever narrow the rear frame rails and use a 2 link? or have any pictures of one? Im going to narrow the rear rails on this chassis im building and don't want to buy a 4 link since I already have the 2 link. I know it can be done with leaf springs. Never seen a picture with a 2 link though, Other than ladder bars on a race car.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think a 22x12 with very little backspacing will fit under these trucks with just a narrowed rearend. Ive been searching online and havnt come across any information. I figure if I pull both rails in a couple inchs it will make life easier if I ever want to go bigger like say a 14 inch wide rim. I could backhalf the whole thing with square tubing but id like to use the stock suspension mounting points and just run the ekstensive 2 link I have.

Ive seen prostreet trucks where they just narrow the factory rails instead of buying the the 4 link/ladder bar rail kit that jegs sells, but there using the factory leaf springs.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After some measuring looks like itll be easier to put a 4 link on the inside the rails aand get the room im looking for. Maybe that's why I couldn't find any pictures of what I was looking for lol

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Yea I was gonna suggest that it will prob still be tight also if you do end up backhalfing the truck I don't think if run the 2 link with all that work

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
After some measuring looks like itll be easier to put a 4 link on the inside the rails aand get the room im looking for. Maybe that's why I couldn't find any pictures of what I was looking for lol

That's how im running my 4 link, I just need to get my coilover set up...