MYSTERY EXHAUST LEAK???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Just recently I've noticed a distinct exhaust leak "tick" coming from under the hood on the drivers side. I only hear it under acceleration, and it is quite loud because i can hear it over my loud exhaust. I have checked the manifold bolts and gasket-> good, down pipe flange-> good, and checked the manifold for cracks-> none to be found. So where the heck is it coming from???? please, any suggestions? 99 tahoe, L31 vortec.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked the EGR tube? Runs from the back of the driver manifold to the intake. It has a braided cover over it that would cover it and help quieten the sound at idle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Checked the EGR tube? Runs from the back of the driver manifold to the intake. It has a braided cover over it that would cover it and help quieten the sound at idle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

it was the down pipe flange bolts but i checked the egr tube and dang it was loose too, all tight and quiet now.