my worst mod was...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The worst mod I have ever done was cheap Ebay headers. I could not get the collectors or the gaskets against the block to stop leaking. Finally got fed up with them and installed the factory manifolds. Not a single problem since. The other bad mod was due to the PO when he installed chrome rocker panels and bed caps. I ripped that off though so not a problem anymore. Right now I have the angled Fabtech spare tire carrier installed in the bed and I kind of wish I didnt install it because it takes up a lot of bed space.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
all the chrome the PO installed that I'm slowly deleting

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Ebay parking lights. I've had them less than a year, and they are cracked, clearcoat chipping, and not watertight around the bulb connectors. The ones with black housings and chrome reflectors. They were $20, so not too bad for the money. They do look cool.

Haven't done many "mods", that's why that's the worst I can think of.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I meant there was too much amperage cause the LEDs drew too little, causing the fuse to go out, i should've just bought the resistors the first time round

ah, what?

That makes even less sense than the first time through....

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
ah, what?

That makes even less sense than the first time through....

That's what I was thinking. If what he's saying is true, than whatever fuse controls the interior lights in my truck would have blown by now :lol: The only lights on my truck that aren't LEDs or HIDs are the 4 taillight bulbs, and 4 parking light bulbs.