my victory red 1997 chevy k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i thought i would make a thread for my truck, i will eventually post some older pictures of the truck i have some going back all the way to 05 or 06. since august i have replaced the starter, alternator belt tensioner, idler pulley, battery upper rad hose both heater hoses both coolant bypass hoses that go from the water pump to intake.i also replaced the intake manifold gaskets both front wheel bearings, moog inner and outer tie rod ends and moog pitman arm and moog idler arm.then today i installed a super steer ss170 idler arm bracket. here are some pics i also installed a ebay front diff drop a couple of weeks ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got some more parts for my truck that i need to installl..... ebay shock extenders that are the same as the ones that come in the rough country 3" kit. i bought the rough country 3" lift upper control arms off ebay.and i also bought the shocks that come in the rough country 3" lift kit and also a lower ball joint that im going to put on at the same time i put on the uppper a arms. and last but not least moog k750362 sway bar end links. I should have installed all these parts today but i just got lazy. but i did install the super steer pitman arm bracket today and it made a big difference. there is a pic of it in the first post but it did not turn out good its the blue thing.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are your keys cranked? I believe mine are and am interested in changing to the different A arm to make my angles better, are those ones of good quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are your keys cranked? I believe mine are and am interested in changing to the different A arm to make my angles better, are those ones of good quality?

Yes the keys are cranked i would say at the very least 2" probly more, i cranked them in like 2008 so its hard for me remember how much its cranked. But thats why im peicing together my own lift, im not not gaining any more height im just correcting the bad angles

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i installed my rough country upper control arms and the rough country front shocks and the front shock extenders today.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Truck looks pretty clean underneath. I like the idea of the 3" lift pieces to help the angles.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those Control arms look great, I'd like to do that too, did it help the angles once you got the tires back on?

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes it helped all angles. i got the truck alined on tuesday and it drives great.it rides alot better now also it soaks up bumps better.im really happy with how it turned out

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled the tranny out of the red dragon today I had to pull the converter out of it underneath the truck.... I had to slide it off the jack before I could drag out from underneath the truck.
I'm going to tear it down and rebuild it at work I will take pics.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the tranny torn down today,the rear planet was bad that was the source of my low speed binding up problem