My two-tone 1995 Chevy C1500 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been a member here since 2010, I think I have an introduction thread here but I haven't posted in a very long time, been busy with other projects. Just recently started shifting my focus back towards my 1995 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado. I cleaned it up some so I could take some new pictures, but unfortunately I got it a little dirty before I could. The paint is really starting to go but at least it still runs and drives great.

You must be registered for see images attach

The TYC Elegante lights are starting to show their age. :( I bought some clear corners from a seller on eBay, but not really sure I'm going to keep them. They didn't fit all to well and tend to get fogged up.

New exhaust, straight 3" exhaust with a hi-flow catalytic converter and a 3.5" slash-cut tip.

New tail lights, also from an eBay seller. Unlike the clear corners, these fit and look great. Plus they do away with those ty circuit boards that the factory taillights plug into.

The 1999 Suburban dash I installed a couple of years ago

2000 Escalade cluster with blue LEDs

Small mod, but worth mentioning. I hated having the USB and auxiliary cables from my headunit hanging out behind the dash, so I replaced my cigarette lighter with a USB port and added a 3.5mm input next to it.

A little info about the truck:
It's a 1995 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado, extended cab, short bed. It has the TBI 350/5.7L motor, 4L60e trans, and 3.42 gears. My mother bought this truck brand new back in 1995. Towards the end of 2001, she was broadsided by someone who ran a red light, which explains why the paint is in better shape on the hood and drivers side. I started driving the truck in March 2006 and hit a deer with it in September. Fortunately, the truck only needed a new grille and parking light. Replaced the 4L60e around December 2006 when it lost reverse around 158k miles. After high school, I bought the truck from my mom in May 2008 and slowly started modifying and restoring it. Finally had to replace the original fuel pump at 204k miles around September 2010. The truck currently has about 216,700 miles on it.

The exterior is a bit rough, the paint is faded and the clear coat is peeling off everywhere on the roof, tailgate, and passenger side. There's also a bunch of scratches, chips, and dings thanks to bushes, careless **********, and whatnot. For that reason, I've held off on doing any major mods to the exterior until I address the paint. Fortunately, the interior is in excellent shape, although I did have to replace the original dash with one from a '99 about two year ago.

Here are some of the mods I've done:

Exterior:
Removed the Chevrolet tailgate badge, chrome fender trim, and Silverado badges. I've thought about removing the molding, but considering the difficulty I had removing the hardened adhesive left behind by the badges, I'll wait until the truck gets repainted.
Colormatched the bowtie emblems on the grille and on the door badges
Precision billet grille inserts
TYC Elegante headlights and parking lights
Eagle Eyes tail lights
Clear corner lights
Toshiba HIR high & low bulbs with quad-beam relay
Tinted windows, 35% I think

Interior:
1999 GMT400 dash
2000 Escalade gauge cluster
Blue LEDs throughout dash and interior
USB and 3.5mm audio inputs flush-mounted in cigarette-lighter's stock location
SuedeMat dash cover

Audio:
Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X791 headunit
Kicker ZX850.4 four-channel amplifier
PPI 356cs 6.5" component speakers
Dayton Audio Reference H.O. 10" subwoofer in an underseat enclosure
Sound deadened doors
KnuKonceptz wiring

Performance:
Harris Performance (tbichips.com) HOT chip
Corvette servo with longer pin
Open-element air cleaner
Hi-flow cat. converter with single 3" straight exhaust, exits in front of right rear tire with a 3.5" tip

Suspension/Braking:
Belltech 2" rear drop shackles
Centric slotted front rotors
Energy Performance sway-bar bushings
Monroe monotube shocks

As of now I'm mostly just concerned with keeping the truck maintained, but I would like to have it repainted soon and find some limited edition 5-lug Tahoe wheels for it. Maybe drop it some more and do some motor work too. It's all a fWONkin' pipe-dream as of now though.

UncleMarker

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been a member here since 2010, I think I have an introduction thread here but I haven't posted in a very long time, been busy with other projects. Just recently started shifting my focus back towards my 1995 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado. I cleaned it up some so I could take some new pictures, but unfortunately I got it a little dirty before I could. The paint is really starting to go but at least it still runs and drives great.

The TYC Elegante lights are starting to show their age. :( I bought some clear corners from a seller on eBay, but not really sure I'm going to keep them. They didn't fit all to well and tend to get fogged up.

New exhaust, straight 3" exhaust with a hi-flow catalytic converter and a 3.5" slash-cut tip.

New tail lights, also from an eBay seller. Unlike the clear corners, these fit and look great. Plus they do away with those ty circuit boards that the factory taillights plug into.

The 1999 Suburban dash I installed a couple of years ago

2000 Escalade cluster with blue LEDs

Small mod, but worth mentioning. I hated having the USB and auxiliary cables from my headunit hanging out behind the dash, so I replaced my cigarette lighter with a USB port and added a 3.5mm input next to it.

A little info about the truck:
It's a 1995 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado, extended cab, short bed. It has the TBI 350/5.7L motor, 4L60e trans, and 3.42 gears. My mother bought this truck brand new back in 1995. Towards the end of 2001, she was broadsided by someone who ran a red light, which explains why the paint is in better shape on the hood and drivers side. I started driving the truck in March 2006 and hit a deer with it in September. Fortunately, the truck only needed a new grille and parking light. Replaced the 4L60e around December 2006 when it lost reverse around 158k miles. After high school, I bought the truck from my mom in May 2008 and slowly started modifying and restoring it. Finally had to replace the original fuel pump at 204k miles around September 2010. The truck currently has about 216,700 miles on it.

The exterior is a bit rough, the paint is faded and the clear coat is peeling off everywhere on the roof, tailgate, and passenger side. There's also a bunch of scratches, chips, and dings thanks to bushes, careless **********, and whatnot. For that reason, I've held off on doing any major mods to the exterior until I address the paint. Fortunately, the interior is in excellent shape, although I did have to replace the original dash with one from a '99 about two year ago.

Here are some of the mods I've done:

Exterior:
Removed the Chevrolet tailgate badge, chrome fender trim, and Silverado badges. I've thought about removing the molding, but considering the difficulty I had removing the hardened adhesive left behind by the badges, I'll wait until the truck gets repainted.
Colormatched the bowtie emblems on the grille and on the door badges
Precision billet grille inserts
TYC Elegante headlights and parking lights
Eagle Eyes tail lights
Clear corner lights
Toshiba HIR high & low bulbs with quad-beam relay
Tinted windows, 35% I think

Interior:
1999 GMT400 dash
2000 Escalade gauge cluster
Blue LEDs throughout dash and interior
USB and 3.5mm audio inputs flush-mounted in cigarette-lighter's stock location
SuedeMat dash cover

Audio:
Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X791 headunit
Kicker ZX850.4 four-channel amplifier
PPI 356cs 6.5" component speakers
Dayton Audio Reference H.O. 10" subwoofer in an underseat enclosure
Sound deadened doors
KnuKonceptz wiring

Performance:
Harris Performance (tbichips.com) HOT chip
Corvette servo with longer pin
Open-element air cleaner
Hi-flow cat. converter with single 3" straight exhaust, exits in front of right rear tire with a 3.5" tip

Suspension/Braking:
Belltech 2" rear drop shackles
Centric slotted front rotors
Energy Performance sway-bar bushings
Monroe monotube shocks

As of now I'm mostly just concerned with keeping the truck maintained, but I would like to have it repainted soon and find some limited edition 5-lug Tahoe wheels for it. Maybe drop it some more and do some motor work too. It's all a fWONkin' pipe-dream as of now though.

I know this is a rather old post and this may be a long shot but I just purchased a 95 c1500 and really like the look of this interior as opposed to my dark blue box that sits up there now. What do I need in order to switch my instrument cluster and to the escalade one and my dash to a newer rounder one? I do have mechanical abilities, have worked in shops, on cars, boats, etc. Not an expert but I can fix things.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing updates. I love family owned trucks. My dad bought mine new in '98.