My Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles

Reaction score
This is the progress of my Tahoe that I currently despise. Nothing crazy as far as what's been done to it but it's not stock so here we go. I have a lot more pics than this but this should be good enough.

When I first got it in all it's soccer mom glory:

You must be registered for see images attach

Then I had this happen on the drive to work 3 weeks after I bought it.

So I drove it ghetto style for a couple weeks like this:

Until these showed up:

I started doing some little stuff here and there like new grill, new bumpers, exhaust, TYC headlights, debadge and a few other little odds and ends but nothing major. So it looked like this for a while.

Then I got the itch to either lower of lift it and decided to lower it since I was using it as my DD at the time. There is a full "build" thread on GMFS that was done while myself and a few other GMFS members did the work. We did some preventative maintenance work as well when we lowered it. We took our time and just had a fun weekend doing it.

These pictures are right after it was done and we ended up raising the front some to take care of the negative camber. We could actually go almost another 2.5 inches down in the front with the Belltech drop keys than what is shown in these pics.

Did I mention we did this in the middle of an ice storm in December? Yeah, good times.

The absolutely wonderful Flowmaster 40 was dumped at the rear seat when we lowered it. I figured it would not be that bad but I was very wrong. The drone was so bad that my remote for the stereo would dance across my center console. I had this exhaust done at a local shop about one week after we lowered it. The Flowmaster 40 was replaced with a Goerlich Xlerator and a single 3" pipe was ran and tucked high and then dumped at the rear corner. It's very discreet and the exhaust sounds awesome. I wanted the look of a dumped exhaust without the inside the cab annoyance of dumped exhaust.

This pic shows how much it is tucked up. I've painted the pipe black since then so it sticks out even less.

So I drove it like that for awhile just fixing things when they broke and added a decent stereo system to it. Then I picked these up for $300 off a GMFS member in October of 08. I needed new tires for them as the stock 275s rubbed hard in the front even with rolled fenders. So in late March of this year I picked up some 255s and finally slapped them on. IMO these wheels make the truck. It looks absolutely 100% better with them.

That is pretty much how it sits right now except it's back on the Denali wheels so the chrome wheels do not get even more pitted from the salt. As for what's next with it, I'm not sure. I really want to lift it and buy a 2wd to bag. I like how this one looks the majority of the time but I want it to be way lower and I know that's not going to happen without a lot of work and time which I would honestly prefer to put into the Impala. The future for it is up in the air right now. I've been toying with the idea of just saying screw it and sell it in the spring but as of now I have no idea.

Ray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love the wheels. When do the secret plans start?

E

Erin

Christmas gift for Erin? I will give you a lot of cookies.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not get a 2wd Hoe and lower that one and then lift this one? 2 birds with one stone.

Charles

Reaction score
Why not get a 2wd Hoe and lower that one and then lift this one? 2 birds with one stone.

lol that's why I have this in my first post "I really want to lift it and buy a 2wd to bag."

It all depends on quite a few factors. I won't really no anything for certain until after winter.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aahh... didnt notice that. just looked at the pretty pictures. lol