My New Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
I know its not an OBS but I have always liked these stepsides so I found one with an LS sitting in it.

Its my new project. Should be a fun truck when its done. This one is gonna take quite some time to get it going.

You must be registered for see images attach

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Finally have a game plan for this one.

I am going to run the 5.3, as long as all is well once I tear it apart and inspect it, and run a carb setup on it and a 150-200 shot of N2O. Build a turbo 350 behind this one.

I just got an MSD 6LS box delivered to me today.

I still need to find a cam for this 5.3.

Last edited:

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Carb, intake, air cleaner and breather are on order and will be here next week.

My old 305 has been torn down and the engine stand is empty so I can pull the 5.3 and put it on the engine stand so I can go through it.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Thats my plan. I have so much fun in my OBS with 6.0. I hope to make this Sonoma much more exhilarating.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Some parts showed up today. I still need to take the block apart and inspect it.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
New carb for the project.

Barry Grant 850 CFM double pumper

Ditts454ss

Reaction score
Nice project im ok with carbs depending on application/vehicle but I think I woulda just bore scoped it, inspect oil filter that came off it and ran it with the fuel injection that was on it and went from there. My buddy has a little 2wd blazer and that's what he did. JY 5.3L/4L60. Has headers, mild cam and tuning software and runs low 13's w/ DR's. Total sleeper! Keep up the work it will be a lot of fun when you get it done.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Nice project im ok with carbs depending on application/vehicle but I think I woulda just bore scoped it, inspect oil filter that came off it and ran it with the fuel injection that was on it and went from there. My buddy has a little 2wd blazer and that's what he did. JY 5.3L/4L60. Has headers, mild cam and tuning software and runs low 13's w/ DR's. Total sleeper! Keep up the work it will be a lot of fun when you get it done.

This motor was sitting open with nothing but white lithium grease sprayed on everything important to keep it from rusting. Im looking for a larger cube motor right now.