My Locking Condition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbduncan

Reaction score
I had a problem similar to yours a few months ago. Unexpected dead battery, after it was charged, the locks wouldn't cycle with fob or door buttons. The locks would cycle on their own a couple of times when I would connect a good battery. I could hear a relay clicking under the dash when I pressed the fob buttons, so after some research I replaced the door lock relay (Potter & Brumfield VBA-2002). No change, so I decided to check the door switches. The terminals on the passenger side switch were pretty dirty, after cleaning the issue went away.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have cargo doors or a tailgate? Only the cargo door models have the door module. If you do have cargo doors, try cleaning the contacts in the back pillar as the door locks will not operate if the module thinks that the cargo doors are open.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

If the door lock switches are clean as sbduncan suggested, you could take a meter and see if you’re getting 12V at the two door lock receiver pins while not operating the locks (tan wires, cavities A and H in the diagrams above). If you are, those contacts are stuck closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a tailgate. This is helpful, thanks. I have had the funniest feeling that there is a bad connection in the passenger door lock switch so this is where I will go next. Will report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk