My GMT800 Burb build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Whats up guys! As some of you already know I bought the wife a mini van. So I inherited her 01 1500 4wd Burb. It's an LT, tan interior, sun roof, DVD and VHS player, 5.3, and 4.10 gears. Currently has 212k on it. We had it almost 3 years. While I've kept it up mechanically, the wife doesn't keep her vehicle as spotless as I do! It's not nasty or ruined by any means, just needs a full on detail! I'll pull the seats and carpet later this spring and pressure wash the hell out of them! Any way I have a few things I'm gonna do to it to make it more manly!
You must be registered for see images attach

- 1.5" body lift
- HD frontend
- 2015 GMC wheels (with Chevy centers of course)
- 285/70/17 Cooper Discover ATR's

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
That HD front end will be mean! I told my girlfriend if she's a producer (don't want more than 2 kids in the long long future lol) that I will make her get a Suburban lol

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
More pics.
That HD front end will be mean! I told my girlfriend if she's a producer (don't want more than 2 kids in the long long future lol) that I will make her get a Suburban lol
Nothing like em! I noticed your 20. I was 22 when my first was born. (28 now) I messed with cars and trucks before. But got away from it for a while! Now I do it to keep myself sane! Lol! I usually get Saturdays to mess with my stuff now and occasionally an evening through the week. It's my therapy! But I love my kids and my wife they come first no matter what! Took me a little bit to grow up and realize that, but they stuck with me and I'm the luckiest man in the world! Sorry didn't mean to ramble but just felt the need to talk about how blessed I am with my beautiful family! (Even if we have to ride around in a mini van now! Lol!)

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Had my first kid at 31, so I'll be an old ****** when she graduates. If you wanna make that thing more manly give it a tune, it'll be like untying its tubes.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Had my first kid at 31, so I'll be an old ****** when she graduates. If you wanna make that thing more manly give it a tune, it'll be like untying its tubes.
Oh I intend too! I'm still playing around with my HP tuners software. Doing a lot of reading about what needs to be done to wake a stick engine up! You know any secrets?

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm jealous of the hd parts. My wife has a white 03 suburban I've been trying to track down the stuff to do the swap but no luck yet. I put keys and inch and a half spring spacers in the back with 285s and the dang thing sits level with my 06 z71 with 35s.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I intend too! I'm still playing around with my HP tuners software. Doing a lot of reading about what needs to be done to wake a stick engine up! You know any secrets?

I wouldn't call them secrets. I leave TR intact on the upshifts and just delete TM. Your shift points probably don't suck like the 5.7 does on a 411 stock, but the timing can be bumped quite a bit if you're willing to spend an extra $5 per fillup on premium fuel. Either way, the low RPM timing can be bumped once global timing bumps start to induce KR which will likely be near torque peak. Chop the PE fueling down to .85/12.5:1 while you're at it, shorten the shift times, correct your speedo, there's a world of drivability to be gained from the tune. I've spent way more time on the trans than I have the timing map so far on the dually, but then again I am cheating and working off a globally reduced timing map that I've been running on my 1500 that brings the timing in a lot more aggressively than stock.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha kids were the only reason I bought either burb, would love a tahoe. Had first at 19 2nd at 20 and twins at 23, now 25 for few more months. Wanted them close so they grown up together.

I haven't seen an 800 burb with the hd hood so that'll be different. Plans sound good, any specific company your thinking for the body lift?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I wouldn't call them secrets. I leave TR intact on the upshifts and just delete TM. Your shift points probably don't suck like the 5.7 does on a 411 stock, but the timing can be bumped quite a bit if you're willing to spend an extra $5 per fillup on premium fuel. Either way, the low RPM timing can be bumped once global timing bumps start to induce KR which will likely be near torque peak. Chop the PE fueling down to .85/12.5:1 while you're at it, shorten the shift times, correct your speedo, there's a world of drivability to be gained from the tune. I've spent way more time on the trans than I have the timing map so far on the dually, but then again I am cheating and working off a globally reduced timing map that I've been running on my 1500 that brings the timing in a lot more aggressively than stock.
I feel like me and you are gonna be talking a lot more about this tuning stuff! Lol! I basically know, "jack ****"!