My GMT800 build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
So I've wanted a clean low mileage GMT800 pickup forever now, but all of the ones I've found always seem to be beat up or have a ton of miles on them. I finally ran across this one in Dallas the other day. I had a friend of mine go look at it, then I flew up there yesterday and drove it home!

2005 Sierra SLT Leather, Bose, power folding mirrors. Owned by an 83 year old man that doesn't really drive anymore. The best thing about it - less than 30,000 original miles when I picked it up. It still has new car smell! I noticed it still has the stickers on the muffler and everything underneath from the factory. It also has the original tires on it - which won't be there for long. I picked it up for $16,500.

This is how it looked when I picked it up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yesterday when I got home I pulled directly into my shop and ripped all the chrome crap off!

First thing I'm gonna do is tint the windows. Then some new tires to replace the 12 year old ones that are on there! Level the front out, exhaust, and a nice stereo. The Bose that is in it sounds pretty good, but I at least one a decent head unit with an auxiliary input and bluetooth.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn that's some low mileage. I put 35k to 45k in a year on my trucks together. I'd just level new tires and leave it cause it's so clean.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Thanks fellas.
Yeah I'm definitely going to level it out... I don't mind these wheels at all, but I may find some newer style GMC wheels for it and some BFG's for it in the future.
This thing is so damn smooth driving compared to what I'm used to. I love getting into something with new car smell!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Awesome Chris. You always find clean low mileage vehicles lol

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Weather was awesome today. 73, sunny with a breeze. Got outside and gave this thing a good cleaning and tinted the front windows the other night after work.

I have GOT to get some tires on this thing, though. These have a little tread left, but I'm just worried about riding around on 12+ year old tires.
I've looked a few different newer style wheels on CL, I've found a lot of new take-offs.

I really like these 20" GM Wheels. They're sort of like a gunmetal grey.

Then I ran across a set of newer Z71 wheels in grey I like as well.

I've always LOVED these Sierra All-Terrain wheels, but I'm not sure how they'd look on my truck. There's a used wheel & tire place about 30 min from me... I thought about asking them if they would stick a couple on before I bought them to see what I thought.