My DD/Weekend warrior/toy & Junkyard scores

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trucknut25

Reaction score
Lurked long enough thought it was time to post a build thread. Bought my 89 reg cab short bed K1500 for 1100 delivered. Had 338k on the clock, 80K on trans, most likely original motor.
First day in the driveway
View media item 31379
First thing I had to do was change out the pass fender with the ugly rust hole and the beat up pass door.

Next up was a junkyard grill and bumper.

Some new shoes were in order.

I had a craigslist score, got a near perfect bed for 100 bucks.

on the way to get the bed
View media item 31381
Bed on and rattle caned flat black for now.
View media item 31383View media item 31378
Another Junkyard score, found all the trim rings and caps for my 15x8 square body rally rims
View media item 31382
Another junkyard score!
95 Yukon grill with billet insert, and aftermarket bumper with insert!

View media item 31377

Will update with more pics when I get them resized and uploaded.

Future plans NBS master cylinder swap, need to get the adapter, got the master cylinder at the Junkyard already. Slowly stocking up on parts for an LS swap

Trucknut25

Reaction score
Not much has happened for a while, Having a new house built on 8 acres has consumed my time for the last 4-5 months. House should be done by the end of this month.

The tired 5.7 let go on me a few weeks ago. Lost oil pressure, blew head gasket and started knocking all in one. pulled the motor this past weekend, While draining the oil I discovered it was all sludge, thick as tar. Put some new gaskets on a spare 5.7 I had and its going in currently so we can use the truck to move.

Another craigslist score, got a 2" cowl hood, roll pan, and new aftermarket tails for 190 bucks. Ill try to get pics up soon.