My Big 3 Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I sold one dual battery kit and unfortunately the person never sent me pics of his kit installed. I have made plenty of kits for my off road club and even with a ***** on there trucks very few needed 2 battery's unless you are running a ton of lights or other stuff. If you turn off the radio and keep your engine reved up you should be good.

Okay even with having electric fans and amp wiring? I bought the largest battery that would fit which is a duralast 800/1000 battery with the intent of running just one battery to power all my stuff. I just wasn't sure of the threshold where the second battery comes into play.

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Running 2 batteries is good if you have to make long pulls or if you have to make a lot of pulls. The best advice I could give you is if you have to use your winch make sure everything that you can turn off is off before you start. Having a second battery is good for back up or if you want to split the load off your main battery. One of the first thing we do is to run a high end alternator that can charge the battery quickly and then upgrade the wires. On my truck I will be running two batteries. Everything that I will use off oad will be on my second battery. For the stereo it will be on my main battery along with a few led light bar's. 2 at the most. The other 4 light bar's will be on my second battery along with my winch and cb radio. When it comes time to use my winch everything will be turned off with the exception of my cb and one light bar. I will also be running 2 battery gages as well to make sure my batteries don't drop to low. I hope this helps. Just use some good common sense and keep an eye on your gages and you should be good. I run the same battery in my Tahoe and I have 1500 watt stero with electric fans as well.

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will making some kits this weekend and if you are wanting one PM me with your info and Ill get them out ASAP. Work is starting to pick up so my time for building will start to become limited.

John Wayne

Reaction score
Wanted to give an update on this thread. I got my kit in today. These are nice I'm really impressed by them tbh. @Xanatost was really nice guy to deal with. I'd buy another set. Disclaimer: this set has extra wires

You must be registered for see images attach

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking for my 1996 gmc suburban 2500 7.4 , i have replaced the line from the batt + to the fuse box with home depot cable because the original was so corroded under the insulation