My Big 3 Kits for sell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but so you know. You offer things for sale. You sell things. When you've sold something you have made a sale.

Best of luck with the kits!

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been dealing with a flood out house, incurance company, contractors, and a pregnant wife. I had 6 kits built and ready to sell until the flood happend. I had to order new wire because all the spools I had was under water for days and there is no way I am selling that wire. That's over 600.00 bucks of wire that is no good. I am hoping in about 3 weeks to start selling them. I had to order new wire, fuse holders, copper ends, and fuse holders, basically having to start over again. Like I said from the beginning I'm here for the long haul and I'm not going to sell something that I wouldn't put in my own truck.

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:

What a wild ride I have been on. By the end of the month I should have 5 kits ready to sell.
I went through 3 contractors when my house got flooded, we was finally able to get moved back in around the early part of December. We just got everything unpacked right before Christmas and then I was able to get into my shop and start getting it cleaned out and up. Then my mom passed away on December 27, so that kind of hit me pretty hard. Then my wife goes into labor on January 3rd. January 5th my son was born and spent 2 days in nicu. We was finally able to come home on the 10th. Spend everyday out in my shop seeing what was still good and what was garbage. Had to reorder over 600.00 worth of power wires, all of it but the 8ga power wire should be here next week. I'm going to call them as soon as the 0ga gets here to see where the rest of my order is at. But through it all I never forgot about you guys.

Here is what I need from someone with a 95 chevy. I need to know how long the power wire for the alternator to the battery is. I lost all my notes and don't have the time to run to the pull a part yard to get them.

I'm going to contact the first 5 that posted on this thread and see if they are still interested in the kits and after that I'll go down the list to the next ones. I will be putting a few extra wires for inside the cabs for those guys just as a way of saying sorry for taking so long. When I get all the kits built I'll post pics so that everyone knows what they are getting and collect the money then. Once again sorry for taking so long but I hope it will show you guys that it will be a quality product and that no short cuts will be taken.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you were able to get your house squared away. My condolences on the loss of your mom. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you going to make diesel kits? Or your dual battery one might work for a diesel.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would the length of the alternator -> battery cable be the same on a '90? I could measure that real quick tonight.

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dual kit should work the same as the diesel. I haven't had a chance to see if the ground wire should ground to the body or back the first battery. I got a buddie that has a daully and need get some time to meet up and see how the factory it set up is. If it can be just grounded to the frame then that would save on the price and be a lot easier for running wires. 0 gage wires are not easy to run and hide.

The 90's will work. Just remember that it's a wire a little bigger than a quarter.

Here is a pic of everything I got in so far. Just waiting on the red heat shrink and the 8 gage wire to come in. The heat shrink will be in tomorrow but the 8 gage I'm going to call them again and find out what's the hold up. I called them Friday and they said they are waiting on the manufacturer. Will keep yall informed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my vendor about the hold up of my last spool of wire and it should be here Wednesday or Thursday. As soon as it gets here I'm going to make 5 kits and should have them ready to go for Monday morning. I'll contact everyone who posted on this thread and see if they still want one. They will get first shot at them. Monday morning I'm going to go by the post office and see what would be the best way to ship them and get a weight for shipping and let ya'll know. I'll be posting pics soon so keep a look out :)

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is your flood damage repairs going ? Hope you got it all done. I live on Verot School rd (2ed house from it) . I didn't flood, but the construction is driving my crazy. It will be better once it is done though. Anyway I just want to say hey to a neighbor.