my bagged 1967 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ecm bracket/mount done and mounted up. Time to take it back off so I can take it home and epoxy some mounting studs to the bottom of the ecm, so I can mount the tac control module for the electronic pedal to it.

You must be registered for see images attach

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sneak peak of some of the things I plan on using some bullet casings for.

Trans cooler, and modified bracket cleaned and painted... looks basically new again. Now I just need to find some new line fittings for it

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread!?!? Love these old burbs and yours is no exception. Looks great OD green. Btw I think we kinda have the same theme going. I used 5.56 shellcasings as switches as well...but I flipped them the other way..drilled out the pocket and epoxied them on. I also loaded a bullet back into each of them first. Also don't know what the rivets on the rock stars are like....but I was able to pull the plastic rivets out of mine and replace them with 40 S&ws . Came out pretty nice. I've also thought about putting an old school gunrack in the back window for $hits and giggle. I absolutely LOVE that overhead one you posted though. If I wasn't bodied and needed the headroom I'd do that one myself.
Btw did you get to experience emptying out those 50bmgs?,,

5.56 switches (hollowpoints JIC)

40 S&W in place of plastic rivets

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4" turbo exhaust fender dump. will get powder coated satin black

started changing body bushings... one down, 7 more to go.

The rest of the old body bushings out, except for the two very back ones. Which I will do at a later date, since I can't get to them at this time

And the new ones all installed... Minus the two back ones

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Re-mounting the front air ride valves in the frame rail and out of the way of things.

And the other one done... Now just to reroute the lines from the tank, and wire the switches back up to them

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Air lines from tank rerouted, and valve wiring rerouted and wired back up. Now just to reroute the battery power cable for air compressors and the air ride should be done again... Until I redo the whole back half again. Lol

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the power cable for the compressors rerouted to the front frame horn, and will finish that once i get the engine in and the radiator core support back on.
Also got the gas tank pulled back out, and cleaned out again

Rear frame rails cleaned up... Cut and grinded down the welds and the rest of the trailer hitch that used to be on it that I cut off when I first started driving it. Now to figure out how I'm going to remount the gas tank, then repaint everything

Just remembered I had bought these gas tank straps new when I first got the gas tank to put in and never did. Well I ended up doing something else and not using them, which I kinda didn't like after doing it. Guess I will use them this time around when I remount the gas tank. Just gotta make some bracket/tabs for the frame so I can use them.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think it got bent a little bit from catching on something while riding low, and I think that license plate light lens got a little bit warm. Lol. Time to remove the lense, bend the plate bracket back, and reinforce it with some 1/4" plate

That's better... 1/4" plate welded on. Now just to repaint, and reinstall it. Will cut a square hole for a receiver hitch later on down the road

Last edited: