My 98 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put in a new 02 sensor, no more codes. CV axles this weekend. All said and done, less than 800 in parts. I damn near paid for the lift , wheels and tires doing all the work myself. Wife can't math, she just sees money flying out the window lol

Sub'd. Im almost afraid to start my build thread, due to the influences here I would start throwing more cash at mine, haha! My wife would be doing the same. Just shaking her head.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I actually like the look of it with the topper. Lift looks great as well!!

Any thoughts on paint? I'd colormatch the flares, remove the chrome rocker stripes, and paint the hood. Would look perfect.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll preface this with saying I have a Blackbear tune that I specified I had a K&N filter. For ****'s and giggles I pulled my K&N and put in a paper filter. Truck had weird rumbling backfires when revving it up. Put the K&N back in and gone.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the bilsteins ride a bit smoother than the rcx ones that come with the kit, or did you have a different shock installed. I'm nearly to that point in my lift and would rather only install shocks once.
Yes. Replaced the rc shocks with the 5100's. Night and day difference. Much better ride.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I like it, that's where I want mine to be at one day. The only thing I would do is paint the hood and grille white. I like the black flares because that's how mine are.

I laughed at wife can't math.... I don't have one of those anymore, just a very lovable girlfriend, and she can math yet doesn't care.
my math list is: 4.10's, detroit locker, lift kit, 35's (damn that's a bunch to spend.)