my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
And a new to me daily.. Only paid $300 for it. Supposedly it just has a bad head gasket.. Interior is shot. Was a ServPro truck and they gave it to an employee who primed it.. Obviously rattle can. But claims it had the motor and transmission rebuild not long before it was retired from ServPro. Doors are from a junk yard, back glass is siliconed around it.. And the tailgate looks like pure ***.. But for the most part aside from the tailgate and some tiny rust pits on the cab corners. Not bad.. Lol Easy fixer upper :)

You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bed is looking good, I picked up a bed yesterday that I am going to use the floor out of for my wifes truck. If you run across another one of those sunroofs like you put in your truck complete for a good price please let me know, I have had no luck finding one around me.

Reaction score
Oh, and body dropping / raising the bed floor... Just as easy as a stepside. Drill all spot welds around the floor . With bed upside makes it easier.. Same for wheel wells. Only needed cuts are where the tailgate closes, the bed skin goes under the "posts/ corners" there. (from opening to where floor widens after corners) all bed braces will move with the floor like this ExCePt for the rearmost one, you can drill out the spot welds inside this brace to free the floor from it.. They are in pairs, so for every spotweld you see, their IS one directly beside it. This area is normally pretty dirty/ dusty.. So it (believe it or not) makes finding the spotwelds easier. Rub your fingers and remove the dirt, the spotwelds show up because filth remains in the imperfections of the spotweld.. Lol silly, but helped me with my bad eyes.. A step bit will be your BeSt friend. I used a cheap Harbor freight one I found at work.. Was able to free the floor very very fast.

Reaction score
Bed is looking good, I picked up a bed yesterday that I am going to use the floor out of for my wifes truck. If you run across another one of those sunroofs like you put in your truck complete for a good price please let me know, I have had no luck finding one around me.

Want me to get one for you next time we hit the pic n pull? It's easy.. I just cut the headliner around it, cut the wire harness and unscrew it. Done.. Lol

Reaction score
The most wonderful thing happened tonight!! So, the weather has been great today.. So I was driving home with the sunroof open. Was almost home from Home Depot with a sheet of MDF to build a speaker box for my daughter. Just as I was nearing my house I figured may as well go ahead and close the sunroof, still thinking about how I wanna make my daughters speaker box, I go to hit the switch....
Ejecto Dooro...

I can say I did an awesome job on the cab corner bracing, and the door bracing. Creased the cab corner skin.. Ripped the Lil door stopper clean out the door and bent those thick *** hinges into what I can only describe now as some big ol fishing hooks! Hinge pockets didn't budge.. Door where I'd braced it didn't budge.. But since the window was up I'm guessing it caught some good wind because the top of the door dang sure bent.

Bent hinges.. Bent door.. Creased corner..
Yep. Yay me..
Guess I now have to rob the corner off the sport. And the doors and hinges. I'm praying to god if I drill out the spot welds on the sport hinges at the cab, the holes will be in the same spot as my truck. I seriously want to give up on it. Like no joke. I can't just swap cabs because I'm bodied. And it's got too much done to it to just give up. And the motor and transmission work perfectly.
This is devastating, depressing and sooo much a WTF.. Idunno what to think.
I guess if I put the regular doors on. I'm not shaving them. Soon as I get the doors on and working.. I'm done. Slapping paint on it and calling it a day. Factory doors, bumpers and tail lights. DoNe.