My 98 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
98 C2500 6.5l turbo diesel 5speed. Straight axle swapped with 10in lift. Engine and transmission rebuilt. Will be divorced transfer case when I get it mounted. 315/70/16s. Will fit 37s.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Thank you. My first time with a diesel and I love it. I couldn't afford to drive a 454 the way I drive mine. It goes all over. Just can't wait to get it 4x4. Mounting the transfer and getting driveshafts is all I lack but I've never messed with one so I've been trying to research all I can.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Post more info when you do the 4x4, I'm curious of how you'll mount a passenger side drop tcase behind the nv4500 since I'll probably going the same route.

Reaction score
Will do. I found a few pictures of one that somebody posted on a site and gonna try to base mine off of his. Just gotta figure out what measurements I need. I'm going to mount it where the carrier bearing is now I'm pretty sure. Seems to be the ideal place for them.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
glad to see another diesel on the site! if you need some info on the engine, i know a couple of other sites that deal with them. there are some things you need to be aware of to keep them on the road.
i shortened my driveshaft when i added the gearvendor to mine. it's really not that complicated. i have the procedure saved. might save a few dollars.

Reaction score
I found a website when I bought it to learn the instructions and outs of a 6.5 because I had no clue. But mines been well taken care of so it'should pretty good. But I'll be getting ahold of you about the driveshaft.