My 97 gmc 2500 project-straight axle project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Hey guys just starting a new thread for the truck because I’m starting the SAS.

To start I’m doing something I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else so axle wise. I’m trying to stuff a super Dana 60 (2005 f350 srw with a 10” ring gear) under the truck with four link. Also keep in mind i am trying to do this swap as nice as I can for as CHEAP as I can.

Over the past month I tore the axle down and went through it. Very disappointed it’s a 4.10 and down carrier since I have 4.56 in the rear 14 bolt. But it will be fine I will swap the rear to 3.73 untill I can afford a dual 4.10 gear set or a new carrier. The axle is about 70% put back together. From here on I need all the outer seals, ball joints, bearing assemblies, hubs and brakes.

So far I have:

Axle: 100 bucks
Por 15: $40
Four link arm and bracket kit (for Ford F-250): $600
Miscellaneous: $50

The four link arms measure out and will mound exactly where the bolt on trans crossmember is. I will be dabbing a new one with the link mounts. I plan on running a divorced np205 transfer case but that’s later down the road. This is going to be a long project but I think it will be an amazing setup when finished. Basically a 97 hd srw truck on 1 ton axles linked.

You must be registered for see images attach