My 97 GMC 04+ ford super dana 60 sas experiment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I’m not sure where the pics are anymore but I looked at a reg cab long bed that had super duty axles.. they had used the super duty axles, factory radius arms and brackets from what I could tell..

If you find it I’d like to see it for sure. at this point the only thing factory superduty here will be the radius arm (now 4 link) mounts on the axle haha.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
What do y’all think of the custom frame brackets for the link arms?
Been doing little stuff here and there on the truck...too hot in the shop to do much. Averages about 110 with only 1 vent fan, regardless Got link arm brackets mocked up, working on bracing, then it’s time for coils. In the process I picked up another truck, got it literally dirt cheap, a 99 Chevy 1 ton single cab srw. That truck will be getting an all aluminum ls (the one pictured) sooner than later. Sad my new daily driver doesn’t even run yet....

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looking good! I hear you on the heat; it gets about 10-15 degrees warmer inside at work, and no shop at the house means no work getting done on the trucks. Too hot to even hand wash the damn things.

I think I saw that 99 listed on CL, can't remember for sure though.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the process I picked up another truck, got it literally dirt cheap, a 99 Chevy 1 ton single cab srw. That truck will be getting an all aluminum ls (the one pictured) sooner than later. Sad my new daily driver doesn’t even run yet....

Gonna make a build thread for this? Sounds fun.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Gonna make a build thread for this? Sounds fun.

I will once I get some of the build completed! I don’t want t start a build thread and have only minor work to show. Engine going in tomorrow, build thread coming soon!

In for updates on this one. I've got a 98 crew cab big block truck in need of a coil sprung Superduty 60. Looks great so far.

Might be a while, till it cools off outside atleast, but I plan on finishing it by mid winter....but who knows

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice job

FYI if you’re using the factory unit hubs you can take the ABS sensor off and pump grease in the hole to grease the hub bearings and cages.
Diesel places sell a little fitting you bolt in grease and then remove (if you have front abs) if not just leave them in all the time as a grease fitting.

Btw you got a smoking deal on the axle for $100. I’ve been looking for a wrecked F350 with coil front to swap my 2000 F350 leaf spring front end. Then I was gonna put my Dana 60 on my 3/4 ton diesel and sell my Dana 50

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
For anyone wanting to know about the ls swap single cab, look over in the street build threads.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/ls-swap-1999-c3500-single-cab-lb.42501/#post-1015909

Nice job

FYI if you’re using the factory unit hubs you can take the ABS sensor off and pump grease in the hole to grease the hub bearings and cages.
Diesel places sell a little fitting you bolt in grease and then remove (if you have front abs) if not just leave them in all the time as a grease fitting.

Btw you got a smoking deal on the axle for $100. I’ve been looking for a wrecked F350 with coil front to swap my 2000 F350 leaf spring front end. Then I was gonna put my Dana 60 on my 3/4 ton diesel and sell my Dana 50

That’s good to know info on the hubs! I’ll be looking into that. I know! I got really lucky on sourcing that axle, needed work but was worth it.