MY '96 RCSB Silverado LQ4 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, Ive been pretty lazy haha, disassembled and cleaned a leaf, gotta paint it up and reassemble. Been busy wrenching on a 99 xtreme s10 roller my buddy picked up we are going to swap next. Did pick up an 06 esky platinum cluster ill be fixing some dead stepper motors in and running in this truck.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welll, Been kinda deep in the old crew cab as I bought a roller so I can reassemble it and get it rolling. Bought another 6L for $250. Yesterday picked up the 4L80E that was mated to it for $175 haha. I did manage to finish cleaning and etching the topside of the frame/x members behind the cab, I have to finish refurbing one leaf spring, and do the underside of the frame/paint it.

Anybody have info on the 80E swap for the GMT400 2WDs? I saw the writeups and such on the 4x4

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a lil work.
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the springs and rear back under it, flip, notch, played with some nbs bumper fitment.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ready for these christmas gifts to get in and be able to really show some progress!!

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally messed with my new powder color some...

Did my filler neck, thinking Ill do engine bracketry, covers, oil pan this color, just for something interesting under the hood.

Also cleaned some of my dirty teenage idiocracy off the underside with the assistance of a buddy and le gf

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got parts rolling in...

I cleaned the tank out, installed new Bosch pump ( was free bc of lifetime replacent, luckily truck was vortec so itll support the swap) then sprayed the outside and cover w cheap bedliner, pic makes the finish look uneven, but its not.

Then went with 5 cans of duplicolor bed armor on the bottom of the bed, love the hard finish and rich black, once again, not uneven as the pic looks

Then sat the bed on and moved some of my million parts and rolled her inside, will sit inside on stands a while because wheels are selling this wk and.my new ones are backordered. Next few days will be spent organizing all my parts and cleaning up, then start engine work, on to pics, yes I have a lot of stuff haha

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill just leave these here...