My 95 Yukon 2 door getting full Denali conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Territory

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I posted a few pictures before of my hood decided to post more of what's going on with this truck in its own thead. It's a 95 2 door Yukon that I am converting into a full 2 door Denali with a few custom touches along with a complete suspension rebuild and color change to black . It's getting all the cladding and the factory running boards will be cut down to the two door dimensions
You must be registered for see images attach
it all started with a clean hood lol
found a rust free set of doors and tailgate from a southern suburban the body of my truck was Rock Solid but the doors had just started to rust a little and my tailgate while rust free was a bondo Bucket from a previous accident
the gate was stripped to bare metal and a filler plate was made to delete the tailgate handle at the same time the Denali moulding was being reworked to actually say Denali instead of GMC in tiny letters the center of the tailgate will have the bigger GMC letters from the 88 Sierra Deluxe trim

Last edited:

Yukon Territory

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
all welded up
after body work one of my favorite pictures shows how the GMC trim will be applied and the difference between the factory mulding in gold and the one I modified in Black I thought it would look cooler if it said Yukon Denali on the back

Yukon Territory

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
starting to mock-up a hood scoop from a 77 Camaro on a spare hood

Last edited:

Yukon Territory

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
almost ready for primer in this picture
starting to fit the rear clading got a lot of trimming to do
after wacking out five inches from the back you get a mess around and gas door, but in my case it doesn't matter because my gas filler will be located behind the tail light
in this picture the back section of the molding is completely trimed to the correct size and a filler plate made from the rear trim from the passenger side has been made to delete the gas door opening
starting to look like a Denali in this picture the door trim is temporarily attached to check fitment with the quarter panel and properly trim the front of the quarter panel trim to the door I chose to just cut the front off, some people will cut it and then slide the front piece back but then you're left with the depression that you only need for a 4 door

Last edited:

Yukon Territory

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
creating a filler piece to fill the gap left from cutting off the front of the molding
attached the filler to the molding using Lord fusor 101EZ
now after sanding the molding will have a finished appearance when opening the door
added a piece to actually be able to screw it to the rear wheel well being that these were four door moldings there was nothing to actually bolt it to the wheel well, also added a backing plate to reinforce The Joint between the rear door molding and quarter molding when they are fused together as one two create a one piece 1/4 panel molding for a two-door

Yukon Territory

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will add more pictures soon as I take all the different pieces from the rear and make them into one giant quarter molding now that they are all trimmed and ready to be fused together as one
all the clading layed out
this truck is sort of my inspiration what I plan on mine to look like at the end but as a two-door of course I also have these same headlights & turn signals

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks real nice man! Going to look factory when you're done with it. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yukon Territory

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks real nice man! Going to look factory when you're done with it. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks I'm shooting for it to look like a phantom what could have been concept truck useing all factory parts and new old stock trim except for the blacked out head lights , going to use 2000 z71 tahoe taillights