My '94 Silverado Blazer - "Lunchbox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't ask where the name came from - I really can't remember. For some reason, I like the name for it though.

This is my '94 Silverado Blazer. As it sits today, it has 209K miles on the original drive train. This truck has been in the family since my senior year of high school ('96), when my dad bought it. At that point in time it was a dealer demo vehicle that the owner drove around. My brother bought it from my dad around '01. It got to be too expensive for him to keep gas in, so I agreed to buy it off of him for several reasons. First, I've always loved this truck. I love the color, the stance, the look, the design, everything. I also knew my brother could use the money, and I was in need of a 4X4 for the snowy months. So in '05, I took over ownership of the Lunchbox. I've danced between fixing it up and getting something new so many times I've lost count, but I always come back to wanting to keep it. It has quite a few little problems at this point, but I plan on addressing them in the coming months. By this winter (hopefully with some guidance from you good people), I will have this thing running well and looking better just in time for the snow to fly.

I could go on and on. I get pretty attached to my vehicles. Here are a few pictures, including two pictures of the "trouble" spots where rust has laid waste to the metal.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rust on the driver side rocker panel:

Rust on the passenger side front fender:

Plans are too numerous to list. I need to fix the 4-wheel drive actuator, the locks (ugh...), the weatherstripping, the fuel filler neck, suspension, and eventually the engine (blowing smoke from failing piston rings).

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Blazer

I've always been a fan of the 2 door Blazers & Hoes.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Blazer, so I gotta ask. What's the difference between the two door Blazer's and Tahoe's? They look basically the same.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The difference is the year. I can't remember the year the switch was made, but at one point they stopped calling them Blazers and started calling them Tahoes. I'm fairly certain that the Blazers had the tailgate and the Tahoes had the barn doors.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love it, time for a nice LS swap and a teardown to fix it back up to better than new!

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have no idea how badly I want to run a 5.3 in this thing. A 6.0 would be nice, but for what I do with it, the 5.3 would do fine. Maybe next year. I'll have to start acquiring parts, and making sure this is something I can handle.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My tahoe has the tail gate I think the year change was 94 cause all the tahoes I believe have the new interior and blazers are old interior....i may be wrong tho

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, that rust is nothing! Try living up here in Canada with all the road salt. I'd be greatful if I had that much rust! :)