My 88 and maybe a random vid or two of my car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the 88' when I got it

You must be registered for see images attach

How it sits now with 2" blocks and cranked bars. No difference really.

CV angles with my bars maxed out

Tires from the last burnout contest, the tbi can still spin em....barely

I was going to put in a locker when I did the axle swap, but in the last 3 years I haven't gotten around to it so I can only imagine how much worse these look now

Put on some KC's, put the old ****** fog lights underneath because I already had them and it took 10 minutes. Seemed like I was working under the truck constantly at night before I put them in, I've only used them once since I installed them though.

Driving home from picking up some chinese food earlier today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2GCmg-jWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwRC_eMv5k0

Last edited:

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Random snow pic from awhile back

Stereo system, now consists of a JL500/1 on 2, 10" kicker CVR's in a 3 cu. ft. sealed box; infinity 4x6's powered off some orion amp; and the pioneer premiere DEH-P960MP

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got some beef there, looks alot like my old 89: 3 tone. different colors, but still. Got any other plans for it?

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was getting a D60 this winter till the deal on getting a free axle fell through.

So when I can find a driver drop leaf sprung D60 I'll rebuild it and put it in the front, with hopefully no more than 8" of lift. I'll fab up all the brackets myself. Going to do leaf springs to start out, but if they piss me off I'll be doing a 3 link. Going to run 38's or so when it's all done. Hopefully it'll look like Mike's ********* but lower with stuffed fenders. I'm not a fan of the huge lift and little tires look myself.

I have another tbi 350 in the garage that needs rebuilt, but I'm torn on whether to rebuild that one, or swap in a 6.0L. For the same performance as a 6.0L the 350 would need 2-3K in parts and machine work, or it would end up costing about that for a lower mileage 6.0L and all the little parts to swap it in.

Interior, I want to find a 95 w/o airbags and swap it over. My other option is to find a 96-99 classic and steal the interior and vortec 350 out of it along with the entire wiring harness and fuel tank. But I'd most likely have to steal parts off 3-5 trucks to do this which would require a lot of time and money, and if I go to a 6.0L I'll most likely just completely re-wire the entire truck front to back. (I'm an electrician so I'm kinda OCD about no splices and using new connectors and tons of split loom w/lots of tape.)

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha. You should see my truck's wiring. Not a hackjob, but wires are laying everywhere. For your interior, just do the dash/door panel swap and put in some random buckets. racing/oem/or 90s bonneville.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice guy, I know what you mean about the wiring.