My 6.0 in a 1999 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the 04 and below have different length crank? Sorry for all the questions just making sure this will be as easy as possible when the time comes.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
so what years can be bolted directly to the torque converter i have right now... or can i get a torque converter for the year model engine i get and use it instead?

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use your stock torque converter with a spacer. I think the cranks changed in 03.

I would find a low mileage 6.0 with a 4l80e together with the entire harness and use that for the swap as an entire package. Or use a 4l60e from 2000+

Havent upped the boost, still having awful traction problems even from a running start. The whipple probably wont support 10 lbs, that would be more than double what it is doing now. LS motors with that much boost are well past 500 horsepower.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On ebay right now is a lq9 with harness and 4l65e for 2500.

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the reason you say it is alot more trouble for you to use the NBS cluster is because you are using the stand alone harness. If I pulled the the motor, tranny, harness, computer, and all other little things do you think it would be easier for me to do the NBS cluster swap. Another thing I was thinking about The exhause setup I have past my headers is not mandrel bent. I have a STS kit for the LQ4 I plan on using Do you think I should consider redoing my piping or not. Also, Im looking to get the combo with motor, tranny, harness, and comp for around 1600, is this asking to little you think? What is a good price range i see just motors going for 2000 with like 100K+ on them.

Bama2door

Reaction score
I got my '02 6.0 with 80k miles with harness, pcm, maf, alternator, everything for 1,000