My 2000 k2500 Crew Cab Restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pickupman

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to posting but not new to gmt400. Lot of great information here. I bought a one owner 2000 k2500 Crew Cab Short bed with 96k on it almost two years ago. Everything was stock and color is white. The paint was beginning to peel and there were several dents from normal use as well as hail damage. I decided to have the truck completely stripped and fixed with everything new. I’ll post some photos. From start to where I am now. Hope you enjoy. Also, I am looking to put different tires and rims. I want the biggest I can get without having to lift. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking truck no way I'd take the bullet holes off. What size tires you running now?

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
love those rims also, just don't like a wide tire. i run 235/85R16's. tall and skinny.
sucks about the white paint. seen so many of them peeling. clear coats suck too.

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
90's to early 00's white trucks seem to always pop and peel. GM had greeeeeeeeeat quality control in that department I guess. . . .

Solid looking truck, low miles too. Fresh coat of paint and lose the cow-catcher and it'd really spruce up.

I run 265/75/R16's on my 1995 K2500. You can fit 33's if you trim the fenders a little bit but I like the 265s.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
They painted white trucks on fridays lol

My truck's fender, and my dad's C3500 must've been Friday post-lunch time jobs in that case; clear coat it pulling up on mine and the clear has pretty severally worn off on my dad's.

Good looking truck! H2 rims would look killer on this thing!

Pickupman

Reaction score
My truck's fender, and my dad's C3500 must've been Friday post-lunch time jobs in that case; clear coat it pulling up on mine and the clear has pretty severally worn off on my dad's.

Good looking truck! H2 rims would look killer on this thing!
Thanks! Yes, I have thought about the H2 rims with a Chevy center cap. Ive seen some and they look great!