My 1st Burban!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After blowing the 5.7 in my 98 K1500 ECSS Z71, I decided the fastest way to get back to work was to take the cash and find a second truck. That way I can take my time to do the step side right, and have a gmt400 mini fleet!

Here are the pics from the CL ad, and a little of the maintenance the PO performed when he thought he was keeping it for life. The original buyer was his family friend who passed it to his nephew, so he knew the trucks history well.

You must be registered for see images attach

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed her up, not the whole one two, but still 15 min worth at the coin op!

The original window sticker is in the glove box, and even found these gm tire changing gloves in the jack storage.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats man. This was definitely my favorite of the three options you posted. I never was much of an SUV fan until I got my burban, these things rock.

Thanks man! I’ve wanted a big ass SUV ever since riding up to go snowboarding in my buddies Excursion. It’s fun getting used to it. Like running down the highway thinking nothings blowing out the back right... oh wait nvm.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crazy thing is this burbans turning radius is tighter than my 1/2 ton!

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man! I’ve wanted a big ass SUV ever since riding up to go snowboarding in my buddies Excursion. It’s fun getting used to it. Like running down the highway thinking nothings blowing out the back right... oh wait nvm.
My wife hates my burban. She quit talking **** when I threatened to sell her car and make her drive it daily.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife hates my burban. She quit talking **** when I threatened to sell her car and make her drive it daily.
My wife drove it home when I went back to pick up the s-10 shop truck I drove down to buy it in. At barely 5’ I think she liked it more than she thought she would. She still wants a seven seater crossover though, oh well. I didn’t think one drive would convert her

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sits higher of course, so I’m going to need a longer drop hitch...

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have the same truck, its been great, at 214K miles it sheared off the teeth on the distributor drive gear and left me stranded, if you have the original distributor in there i would replace it

i put a Magnaflow full system on it, manifold back with new cats, all SS, it really needed it, if your truck doesnt like to be revved above 3K its time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadectist2002