my 1998 silverado SAS in progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
FINALLY got the front end setup and almost ready to go in, my kingpin kit didn't come with a seal which is a pain in the ass because dana/spicer doesn't just sell the seal. so i got a kit fo free because im good like that... Esky cluster is in, the rear brakes are FINALLY done, studs pressed in, calipers on and brake lines routed. so the rear end is completely done. tomorrow ima drop my GF off at her school, then haul ass back to work to pickup my front axle, then pull my truck around to the driveway and start ripping her apart. I now have a deadline to Jan. 7th because thats when my temp tag expires so therefore i will not have a vehicle unless i drive illegally, or my GF drops me off and picks me up everyday, which is very unlikely. The front gear pattern is set up so perfect i don't know how much better you can get. the full pinion teeth are in the ring gear. i about fainted because i just used stock shims lol. I will have pics up later, phone is dead.

Left to buy:
Shocks,
possible front brake calipers
inner wheel bearing and seals.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Gonna run ES9000's until i have money to get them. the ES9000's have been good for me so lol.
ill post some pics up tomorrow, i got the truck on stands and the front competely down to frame. On christmas i will be tearing into it a lil more gonna have the hangers and throw on the springs. and hell maybe throw the axle under it, im still waiting on a seal for the front end though

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Grinded down the inner frame rails so my buddy can come over in the morning and throw some beads on them. fuckthe bolt in bullshit lol. the only thing that may be bolted in would be the front crossmember, but will be half welded. Thursday i will prolly be torching off the brackets and hanging the springs, then friday may be going out to the woods on the 4wheelers if possible. if not ill hopefully have my seals in and go get my inner wheel bearings and seals and finish the front end. Does anyone know where i can find the kingpin plate to get rid of the springs? Buddy told me about themand heard they are hell of a lot better then running the springs.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yea my kit is all bolt in. Only the shock hoops have some weld with the bolts in the center. Are you running a 60? Because I think it's in the crossover steering kits

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wheres the pics. About to start piecing mine together for a swap.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
LOL they are on my gf's computer if i go over there tonight i will get them i promise haha, we got the brackets welded up and ORD is finally sending me bushings. i should have my lower king pin seal today so sunday everything should be going together.