my 1998 silverado SAS in progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
You did it yourself? What did you use? I was thinking of calling line-x if I decide to do it

The quote that I got from line-x for my rockers on my ccsb was right at 1000 for line-x extra.

i got most of the front axle ripped apart, idk why but the axle shafts just slid right out... idk if thats suppose to happen lol

The only thing that really holds them in is the hub nuts so there is no reason that they wouldn't just slide out.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
my cluster is in stalled ill show a pic here in a lil, the SES light blew out haha and now the security light is staying on.. also looks like the alternator is taking a poop lol damnit. cleaned up my d60 and taking it into work tomorrow to build it yaya

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

damn you Security light lol, i dont know what the deal is with the SES light, it worked a couple of times and stopped so i may pop it back out. and yay no more gauge flutter

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
so i got the axle completely apart at work, went to go install and noticed a **** load of different size shims, so looking around i need to spend more money on oil slingers and baffles before i install my gears, so now i gotta wait for those to come in aswell as my inner axle seals

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
lmfao she read that then had to listen to the song haha, and now after this ****, i still gotta get inner bearings and seal, out seals, locking hubs, hub nut kit, outter axle seals, but may use old ones, idc.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you shoulda just bought full axle/diff rebuild kits from the start........I think you're basically rebuilding the whole setup now right?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
yup and the kit i got was a master install kit which i thought woulda had this ****, hell some of it isn't even on the stock ****.