My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
This truck is beyond badass, my little brother's been creeping on some of the threads here and I guess he found this one because he came around asking me about turbo'ing my old Suburban.

Still in the buying and parting OBS business?

Hey, thanks dude! You'll have to excuse the dust, truck has been sitting for about a month outside.

Yeah, we're still in the business. We've been really lucky with the customer base we've built and the amount of parts we now have on the shelf. Lately we've been busy doing restoration work for folks and have had a really good run on that too. I'm thinking it's going to be time to hire even more help.

We're also breaking into 99-17 parts as well here soon. :)

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Hey, thanks dude! You'll have to excuse the dust, truck has been sitting for about a month outside.

Yeah, we're still in the business. We've been really lucky with the customer base we've built and the amount of parts we now have on the shelf. Lately we've been busy doing restoration work for folks and have had a really good run on that too. I'm thinking it's going to be time to hire even more help.

We're also breaking into 99-17 parts as well here soon. :)

Hell if there was an efficient way for me to do so, I'd send you some rust free **** from down here; tons of 88-98s sitting in salvage yards. I'd wager about 75-80% of said trucks are solid and clean for the most part,
You oughta post up some of the work you've done, I'd be interested to see, and I think a few others would too!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Just jacking around today, put the stainless headers on. Began working on a game plan for the hot side and turbo placement.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Swapped out the B&M floor shifter in favor of a new TCI Outlaw shifter. Found the B&M ratchet shifter to have really lousy shift gates, especially when it came to shifting the manual valve body in the new TH400.

With that being said, this new TH400 is incredible. It shifts super fast and is almost brutal between gears.

Excuse the mess... the truck has been sitting for a few months off and on, I need to clean the dust off of it.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped out the B&M floor shifter in favor of a new TCI Outlaw shifter. Found the B&M ratchet shifter to have really lousy shift gates, especially when it came to shifting the manual valve body in the new TH400.

With that being said, this new TH400 is incredible. It shifts super fast and is almost brutal between gears.

Excuse the mess... the truck has been sitting for a few months off and on, I need to clean the dust off of it.

Interesting shifter mounting.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Interesting shifter mounting.

Placement makes it much more ergonomical to shift, rather than bending your back to shift it on the floor. Plus, it's a pain to try and reach forward at WOT.

Here's a video of some casual driving.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Placement makes it much more ergonomical to shift, rather than bending your back to shift it on the floor. Plus, it's a pain to try and reach forward at WOT.

Here's a video of some casual driving.

I could definitely see the advantage to the mount. I just found it interesting was all.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Just a light street launch. It was cold and well.. the nitto drag radials are shittos.