My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
well you should be able to push some atmosphere through that setup! what heads did you pick up?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Pulled the turkey out of the garage today to turn it around, decided to take some pictures...

You must be registered for see images attach

I do believe it's going to be mothballed for a little while, the wife is wanting to buy a new house. So, i'm sure that'll be eating my funds for some time to come.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to post the new fuel pump setup going into the truck..

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finally got the motor together for the truck, hopefully i'll get it in the truck tomorrow at some point.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finally got the time to slip the new motor and trans in place. Still waiting for some other fuel injection items to show up, then we can get it started.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
What did you do , are you doing for a throttle cable. Im having a tuff time finding one that fits my 4150 throttle body. Nice build btw.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What did you do , are you doing for a throttle cable. Im having a tuff time finding one that fits my 4150 throttle body. Nice build btw.

I took a standard holley bolt on 1/4 or 5/16 e-clip stud, which works with the factory throttle cable, drilled the throttle body linkage and welded the stud on. I've since then removed the FI stuff and thrown on a $1,300 CSU converted Holley Ultra HP.

I'm keeping the EFI stuff for when i'm bored and ready to waste some time, of which I have none of lately.

i'm not able to see pics starting on page 2. what gives? is it me?

I think it was a photobucket glitch, they seem to work now.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Really dropped the ball on updating this thread...

So far, i've removed the 4" cowl and put a brand new 2" cowl on it. The 4" hood just looked way too obnoxious. Added a sport grille and bowtie, new headlights and finished the engine bay wiring.

At that point, I decided since I went OG on the look of the exterior, that I was going to remove the 95+ interior conversion to it. Happened to have a guy sell our parts business a SUPER clean 92 RCLB K1500. So I tore the dash, modified harness and heater box out of the truck to make room for the new stuff.

In comes the SUPER clean 92, i'm going to use the dash, doors, door panels and heater box in my 90. After a bit of GM wiring diagram review, my 1990 engine harness (well, whats left of it) will plug right into the 92 dash harness. I already have a modified DRAC from the 95 interior swap.

Hopefully between parting trucks and dealing with customers this weekend, i'll have the time to roll the new heater box and dash into this truck.