My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So, as of writing this... The 1990 has been sitting in the shop, mostly since May of 2015. It's had a couple LS engines, E series OD transmissions in and out of the truck. Spent a bit of money on an ls setup and was just disgusted with the power output. So, I went looking around tax time for a donor truck, happened to find the most perfect truck, a 96 350 / NV3500 / 3.73 locking rear truck.

Found the little 96 was pretty fun to drive, with the exception of the wiring being so boogered up in the truck. So i've decided to strip the 96 down and jam the whole drivetrain into the little 90.

So the 1996 has come where many a great GMT400 has come to die! My salvage yard. :)

Not after a little fun first... This picture doesn't show how long the burnout was, damn truck left about 140' of marks through two gears.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Going to clean up the SS wheels this evening and throw em on.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Traded the SS wheels off for a set of 17" torque thrusts.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Just a teaser of things to come...

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finally got some time to repair the donor bed for this truck. Replaced both rear lower bedside sections and welded in a rollpan. I still have to do some filler work, but i'll do that once it's on the truck.

Really needed the bed done, so I can install it and begin fitting my fuel cell to the bed and finishing up the fuel system plumbing.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finally got yet another motor together for this truck.