My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So... finally have the boost under control via a Tial V60 wastegate. Currently running on the wastegate spring right now. Which equates to 5psi of boost.

I'm installing a boost controller this weekend and we're going to creep up to 15-18psi.

Here's a street driving video, with a new WOT passes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

At this point, I'm around 2300 into the whole turbo kit.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
So... finally have the boost under control via a Tial V60 wastegate. Currently running on the wastegate spring right now. Which equates to 5psi of boost.

I'm installing a boost controller this weekend and we're going to creep up to 15-18psi.

Here's a street driving video, with a new WOT passes.

At this point, I'm around 2300 into the whole turbo kit.
i cant imagine how your face looked. i was smiling ear to ear just watching it lol

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
i cant imagine how your face looked. i was smiling ear to ear just watching it lol

It was a pretty big smile. I've been working on making this smallblock work and figuring out how to extract reliable horsepower from it for the past year.

Rather than swapping in an LS and just following a forum build. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with an LS. I just enjoy researching and actually building a motor.

The truck is at 14psi now. If you thought it was quick at 5psi, it's ridiculous now.

It's a wild feeling leaning into it in high gear (3rd) at 70-75, the boost hitting and the truck black tracking past 90mph.

I plan to film another video this weekend, hopefully with the gopro instead.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Big changes are happening.. But we'll keep that under wraps until it happens.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also smoked the TH400 by sending entirely too much power through the converter. Basically blew through the converter power wise and damaged it sending debris into the clutches.

The effects of a converter that has anti-balloon plates, but still balloons.

The front pump.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So.. the effects of blowing through the converter. INFINITE STALL SPEED!

Trans builder got me in and out after going through the transmission. So it's refreshed and ready to go.

Also making some changes to the motor. Larger more boost friendly cam and coil on plug with multiport injection.

Still need to detail the intake. I've had it sitting around for a few years..

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Not much to report, but I did do the cavalier steering wheel swap. Looks much better, a bit racey compared to the stock wheel.

Found a seller on eBay selling new old stock GM wheels for $50.

Also took the time to install a stick column, in order to get rid of the column shifter bump.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Not much to report, but I did do the cavalier steering wheel swap. Looks much better, a bit racey compared to the stock wheel.

Found a seller on eBay selling new old stock GM wheels for $50.

Also took the time to install a stick column, in order to get rid of the column shifter bump.

Perfomancey!
I think my favorite incarnation of this truck is when you had the Pewter 98 ECLB ; the matte black and rally rims really struck a chord with me.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Perfomancey!
I think my favorite incarnation of this truck is when you had the Pewter 98 ECLB ; the matte black and rally rims really struck a chord with me.

Aaaahhhh the old days when this truck was actually a daily driver.

It's crossed my mind a few times to install a 454 tbi and a 4l80e in this truck and just have a really neat daily driver.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, the new setup is in. Have to weld some o2 bungs in and put the turbo kit back on.

After that it's just wiring..