My 1988 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The only deadline was for getting the paint laid down. And that's done. If you look in background of the last pic you can see my next/current project. The kitchen.

Any how. The fender flares are going to go back due to some severe quality issues. I'll order a different set after these one are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BubbaGump

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! I will admit, I was a little doubtful after seeing all that orange peel, but you sure got it straightened out.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
So now that the kitchen is just about done I'm back to picking away at the truck.
did some cleaning in the garage so i have room again. The wife is giving me the entire holiday weekend to get **** done. Game plan is to get the dash out and painted, swap the ac box in, move the power lock/window harness over, start getting the interior back together and some other misc things.
Will be sending the windows out Monday of tint. Just need to fix the track on one of them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Will do some updates as the 4 day weekend progresses.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Had a pretty good day. Got a good amount done. Dash and ac box have been removed from the pats truck. Dash and heater box removed from mine. Would have had the ac box in my truck but needed a evap core. That will be in tomorrow.

Got the dash dyed
Before

After

And being the the evap core wont be here till tomorrow I started cleaning up the worrying mess that snowballed over the years. And changed out the steering column for a tilting one.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Oh and here is a pic of a non ac heater box for those that haven’t seen one.
You must be registered for see images

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Ac box is in. Main section of dash is in. Driver door assembled. Ac and power lock and window harnesses moved over. For the engine section of the ac harness, I decided to make my own harness for the three wires instead of replacing the whole engine harness.

Oh and fishing that power lock and window harness through the door area is a royal pain.

You must be registered for see images

Also started Frankensteining my double din bezel. Before having ac I was using the vent space as a switch panel. Now I made the panel for that location so I’m trying to keep it on that panel. I’ll be replacing the vent supports and moving the switch panel on top of the vents. Nice little side project.

And the door panels will be left off for the time being. I’m not sure what I want to do with them. I’m thinking about vinyl/leather wrapping the old carpeted area and the two sections on either side of the door handle.

And on a non related note I had to reconstruct the rear frame on my brothers car today. They was kinda no longer there.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Well this is something I don’t want to do again