Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Mufflers? Mufflers?!

Go duals with glass-packs, tips and dump them out behind the rear wheels. :rocking:

I have that on mine and it isn't obnoxious or anything. Sounds good at an idle and regular driving it's not very loud, but it can roar if you want it to.

My dad's '94 'Burb had straight pipe for a few weeks- now THAT was obnoxious.

Listen to those guys <--- they know what they are talking about. Welding is definitely the way to go, if possible. Otherwise you might be cursed with little hisses from the exhaust leaks, which can be next to impossible to stop without welding.

Reaction score
flowmaster original forty series that dump before my rearend pretty loud with slider open but when closed and cruising I can carry on a conversation.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
flowmaster original forty series that dump before my rearend pretty loud with slider open but when closed and cruising I can carry on a conversation.

I did that with 3" pipe and it vibrated the whole truck because it was so loud

slowride55

Reaction score
Go with thrush welded they sound great and are very cheap. I just ordered these 2 for my 96 sierra http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-17660 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-690054 Are you sure you have 2 1/4" piping? That sounds a little small for a 350. My 305 sierra has 2 3/4" piping. Just buy the correct muffler and clamp it on. THEN buy the additional piping to fit it to the tailpipe. Don't buy a bunch of pipe in the beginning that you don't need. Even though they are more expensive buy band style clamps because they seal better if you wont be welding.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
2 1/4" is the stock piping size, even for the 350. If you have larger piping its been changed. If I buy a vehicle with piping that small I always upgrade to 2.5" because 2.25" is way too restrictive for a motor that big!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Go with thrush welded they sound great and are very cheap. I just ordered these 2 for my 96 sierra http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-17660 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-690054 Are you sure you have 2 1/4" piping? That sounds a little small for a 350. My 305 sierra has 2 3/4" piping. Just buy the correct muffler and clamp it on. THEN buy the additional piping to fit it to the tailpipe. Don't buy a bunch of pipe in the beginning that you don't need. Even though they are more expensive buy band style clamps because they seal better if you wont be welding.

I'm sure it is. I just bought a 2 1/4" tip for it

2 1/4" is the stock piping size, even for the 350. If you have larger piping its been changed. If I buy a vehicle with piping that small I always upgrade to 2.5" because 2.25" is way too restrictive for a motor that big!
Be careful. Too big can cause you to lose power

Gatorboy

Reaction score
*insert funny sex joke here lol

You'll only start losing power if you run above 2.5" true duals. You can run 3" on a single pipe exhaust system and be completely fine

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
You're right. You're right. Read that ina Muscle car magazine from 2010...... first time I've read a car mag in a while(they have only been truck mags :lol:)

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run a 22" magnaflow di/do with no cats and shortys. I ran the pipes to the rear bumper and dumped them behind it. I only hear it inside when I want to and its about the same as a 50 series on the outside

slowride55

Reaction score
Well mines a 1996 with a 305 Vortec and it deffinately has stock piping that measures 2 3/4". They must have changed pipe sizing with the Vortecs. So Scott have you decided on a muffler yet?