Muffler Recommendations? 5.7L TBI, single, cat removed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My personal set up is spintech 6000 pro street 3in. inlet 2.5 dual outlet w/ stock cat not too loud till I smash down on it then it really opens up and sounds awesome & on top of that no drone in cab when you're crusing. When summer comes i'm gonna get some shorty headers w/ a new y pipe & 3inch back w/ a high flow cat

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Ive been listening to dynomax ultras on you tube going to be giving these a shot soon

Adam

This is the dunomax I run. No restriction inside it. Its 3" all the way through. The shell is 4" and has an inch of (cwf) constantly woven fiberglass in the shell. These are the loudest dynomax offer I believe.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/130986122858?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

In my opinion its the cat that changes the loudness and the mufflers change the tone.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
It Should Be good now. 1st time uploading with youtube.
We need to take up donations for you a muffler with a little more growl :deal:
This is the dunomax I run. No restriction inside it. Its 3" all the way through. The shell is 4" and has an inch of (cwf) constantly woven fiberglass in the shell. These are the loudest dynomax offer I believe.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/130986122858?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
Video? I love bullets
In my opinion its the cat that changes the loudness and the mufflers change the tone.

SilverWings

Reaction score
I'm using the Flowmaster Super 40 with 3'in single in and two out. 3in dual tail pipes. I like the deep hollow sound it makes. Kind of like the tubomufflers I remember first hearing years ago. I don't hear any drone because I think the road noise drowns it out. I know Flowmasters are famous for their droning at high way speeds. I finally installed resonators in my dual exhaust system in my S10 with a Corvette engine just to kill off the drone at 70,75 mph speeds on the highway.
I'm not in High School any more so I don't care for the cheap-o sound of a glass pack. First thing I did with my 88 Sierra was to get rid of that horrible sounding glass pack. Ahh. So much better now.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I'm running single 3" pipe to a Flowmaster 10 Series, dual 2-1/4" dumped just after the rear axle. Sounds great but the whole truck shakes from the rumble. Contrary to what someone said on page 1, It's actually NOT street legal. "For off-road use only" is printed on the box. But no one will really bother you because it's not quite as loud as say, straight pipe.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I'm running a single 3" spintech 3000 series. Pointing out the stock location. I am about to change it to a dump and see how I like it. I may end up going up to a 6000 series too for some more sound. Depends on how the dump sounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro