Muffler Recommendations? 5.7L TBI, single, cat removed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95k2500

Reaction score
Happy New Year all! Hope 2014 is good to you!

I know this has probably been asked and answered before... but here we go...

Next task on my list is to replace the muffler & tail pipe on my 95 K2500 5.7L TBI.

Exhaust is in good condition from the engine to the muffler, it's the muffler back that needs to be done. The previous owner deleted the cat, so the stock set up is a touch louder than what it should be.

That said, I was wondering what sort of muffler to go with, keeping in mind I don't plan on doing a dual exhaust set up. I would just like to change out the muffler and run a new tailpipe from there.

I don't want too loud or obnoxious... but something that really takes advantage and enhances that sweet note 350s make at 2500-3000 rpm... best sound ever!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I run a flow master cat single 3" piping to dynomax race bullet (12" long 3"in 3" out) and it exits infront of the passenger side rear wheel. It's not loud by anymeans, but it hits the note you like to hear. I am happy with this set up.

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You kno I'm wondering the same exact thing. My 89 has the cat gone an just a flowmaster 50series I think (not sure due to my friend who I got it from didn't kno what it was) ran straight back behind the rear wheels an exits.

It doesn't sound loud like I want but I dont want the drone sound. Thinking maybe a glasspack welded in where the flowmaster is.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got no cats, 3" to flowmaster 40 series, 3" dumped over axle with 4"x18" tip. Best sounding one around my area. I love it, real deep tone, very little drone, everyone knows its me when they hear it

***edit, this on vortec. But i had the same set up on my 93. Very similar sound

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Ive been listening to dynomax ultras on you tube going to be giving these a shot soon

Adam

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I'm big on the Flowmaster mufflers... 10 series if you wanted the loudest street legal muffler they have, 40/44 series is still loud and has a fair amount of drone then the 50 series and 70 series sound deep and strong but have no drone... according to Flowmaster the 50 Series HD is louder than a regular 50 series and shouldn't have much drone.

Magnaflows are good, though I don't know all too much about which muffler sounds like what.. listen to different sound clips on youtube of mufflers and pick what you personally want.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the flowmasters but hate the price....lol. So I get the afterburner muffler made by flowtech. It's basically a copy of the flowmaster and sounds pretty good in my book. I have run them on all my vehicles. I usually get them at O'Rielly auto. Can be pretty cheap on Amazon as well. And there is plenty of inlet and outlet sizes and configurations.

Sent from what use to be a great country.