mounting ECU inside the cab???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone do an LS swap & mount the new ECU inside the cab? if so where/how & any pics are greatly appreciated.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it would be hard to mount the ecu in the same place the 95's ecm is factory, although I have mine hidden on the back side of the core support down low.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where does it mount on the 95's? i have a Nelson harness & it puts the ECU on the passenger side. i was hoping to mount it on the fender but my trailer fenders are mounted too high to mount it on top. i also have my a/c accumulator on the firewall on that side.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On a 95 it mount's above and to the right of the glove box and since the 96 uses the same dash i would bet there is room. I also have the Nelson harness and luckily it was just long enough to allow me to mount my ecm on the back side of the core support on the driver's side down low, and my inner fender's hide it almost completely.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'll have to mess around with the harness tomorrow & see if i can re-route it. you have any pics of yours? did you ask to have your harness go to the driver side?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I didn't ask them to make it go anywhere in particular, and I will take some pics for you tommorrow.